Page 188 of 299 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238288 ... LastLast
Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 2990

Thread: Mac-style Menu Bar for GTK and Java/Swing applications!

Beans

Re: Mac-style Menu Bar for GTK and Java/Swing applications!

Quote Originally Posted by ayoli View Post
    @rainwoodman : really happy to see you still have so much ideas for this project, big up
    Thank you!

Btw, have you an idea about the issue posted above that make the menus exported in the panel applet only for root, not for user ?
    Some ppl did (I think) the same install as me, fellowing my guide, and have this issue that I never add.
    This issue also comes to ppl who tried global menu from the packages from the wiki page (which come from your googlecode page).
    Any clue on this one ?
    I don't have any idea. It seems no body provided any traceing files.

Is it possibly due to SELinux denying loading the library?

Beans
    Hidden!

an official repository would be great for beta testers and early adopters.
    (and will save the trouble of dealing with already solved problems).

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by rainwoodman View Post
    hi joe,
    I am sorry to hear your unfortune.

Redoing the same operation again and again is of no help. My personal experience is to read the source code of the buggy package, to figure out how it works, and to come up with your own workaround on my own environment.
    Thanks for the encouragement rainwoodman. I'm actually very happy with ubuntu and the be honest Heron seems to be a good improvement overall. It loads a little slower, but overall I like it. Still a lot better than an XP environment.

I started out with a debian distro called Dream Linux, but it was my first distro next to Fedora 5. So when I got over to Ubuntu and started really seeing how open Linux can really be I got excited and wanted to port some functions that I like in OS series. Though, I just found a site that points out that the Mac-Menubar applet IS the most finicky applet to get working.

I don't have time to look at the source, and to be honest it's not that big of a deal to me. I'll just tweak the UI until I get it close to where I'd like it and be satisfied. One applet isn't going to kill me. Plus, it's on my laptop! The people I work with think that it's cool that it says Windows XP and I'm running Linux instead. They think I'm sticking it to the man! LOL If I get it to work someday, cool, if not, eh!

Beans

Doesn't MacOs show some file, edit, help, and such, even when no application is selected or open? Can this be adjusted to do so? Cause the bar looks kinda odd when its empty

Beans
    Hidden!

If you use compiz you could set up an applicattion that doesnt show in the taskbar or the window itself, so you would be able to have its menu opened all the time, id suggest one of those control panels for ubuntu made in gtk.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 19.10 Eoan Ermine

Quote Originally Posted by mangar View Post
    an official repository would be great for beta testers and early adopters.
    (and will save the trouble of dealing with already solved problems).
    I'm not sure how it works but you could try a PPA on Launchpad. That would build for all arch's etc.

Quote Originally Posted by gsiliceo View Post
    If you use compiz you could set up an applicattion that doesnt show in the taskbar or the window itself, so you would be able to have its menu opened all the time, id suggest one of those control panels for ubuntu made in gtk.
    You could also do this with Devilspie or some such program for people that don't/can't run Compiz.

Beans

global menu in action:

o Activating menu item
    + Changing Menu item title on the fly.
    + Add/Remove menu item and submenu
    + Show/Hide menu item
    + Application quiting notification.

todo:
    1. enable/disable menu item
    2. test and finish document menu model
    3. central service.
    4. manager.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by killstheweak View Post
    Doesn't MacOs show some file, edit, help, and such, even when no application is selected or open? Can this be adjusted to do so? Cause the bar looks kinda odd when its empty

+1

In gutsy i used to get a Nautilus menu even when im at my desktop. In hardy this isnt the case. Any updates on this?

Beans

Re: Mac-style Menu Bar for GTK and Java/Swing applications! Need an updated how to-

Is there a working deb package out yet?
    i went through this topic twice but couldnt find any working instructions as to how to install (most of the links are dead)

So if someone can post an update as to what is happening here and a "how to" to get global menu with all the features working in hardy that would be great!

thanks a lot in advance

Beans

The menus are not appearing...

Hello!

Recently i updated my Ubuntu to Hardy and the Global Menu stopped to work.
    Actually it does work, but the menus are not appearing. Only the application title.
    I have already checked for GTK_MENUBAR_NO_MAC on the bash files, but there is nothing about it.

Anyone does know what is going on?

Thanks in advance!

Page 188 of 299 FirstFirst ... 88138178186187188189190198238288 ... LastLast