Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: use Skype with Jaunty notifcations (notify-osd)

Beans

Lightbulb Re: use Skype with Jaunty notifcations (notify-osd)

I wrote a quick'n'dirty solution for Lucid Lynx. It's not written in python, it's just a bash script and it's not handling all events, but it seems to works well.

You have just to save the script in /usr/local/bin/ and change some settings in Skype:
    # Open Skype menu (the skype icon in the lower left)
    # Choose Options
    # Press 'Notifications' then 'Advanced View'
    # Flag 'Execute the following script on any notification'
    # In the field enter this (all in one line): /usr/local/bin/skype-notify.sh -e "%type" -n "%sname" -f "%fname" -p "%fpath" -m "%smessage" -s %fsize -u %sskype
    # Press Apply and enjoy it!

Please let me know if it works for you.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Re: use Skype with Jaunty notifcations (notify-osd)

Hey mbonera,
    thank you for that script.
    For me (Lucid Lynx) it's working very well. But I had to install libnotify-bin first.

Thank you.

Beans

Hi everybody,

I launched the script under lucid, and I've got two questions:

1- I've got a launcher on the notifications-applet, but I have another icon on the panel... How can I remove it?

2- if I close skype with X it will resize as icon, but if I click in the icon of the notifications-applet it will launch another instance of the program...it shouldn't restore the full screen window?

Tnx!

Beans

Code:
    1- I've got a launcher on the notifications-applet, but I have another icon on the panel... How can I remove it?

2- if I close skype with X it will resize as icon, but if I click in the  icon of the notifications-applet it will launch another instance of the  program...it shouldn't restore the full screen window?

Tnx!

1. you can't remove skype icons from notification-applet, there is no way to that right now

2. you can solve this issue by downloading this skype API plugin from here, which will allow only one skype instance

Code:
    http://forum.skype.com/index.php?showtopic=332401
    and then if you use nitify-OSD scripts posted in this thread you need to write bash script to exicute all of them in some order.

hope this helps

Beans

Thank you!

Beans

Hi mbonera

I tried to test your script on Maverick (10.10) but couldnt get it to work. I have installed the libnotify-bin, copied the skpe-notify.sh to /usr/local/bin and entered the line in the skype options.

Could it perhaps be something I have missed?

Beans

It works fine if I use the "execute the following script" option and writes in the notify-send command I want.

For example on "chat message received":
    notify-send "%sname: %smessage" -i skype

The only problem is if someone sends multiple messages fast it will not display the second messages before the first has timed out. If it were possible to "clear" the notify-send window before every send I think it would solve it, but I don't know if this excist.

Beans

when massages arrives indicator doesn't remove them from applet list. clicking on arrived massage doesn't have any function at all. this is the exact output which i get when trying to click on arrived massages.

Code:
    TypeError: server_display() takes exactly 1 argument (2 given)
    with this scripts, I use two more scripts, one is to take status from pidgin, and another one is to allow only one instance of skype.

everything else runs smoothly.

anyone?

Beans

@markoer: That's fixed in the latest script. You can get it by typing into a terminal:
    Code:
    bzr branch lp:skype-notify

Beans

Lightbreeze:

now i recive this when activating recived msg window through indicator massages applet,
    Code:
    File "skype-dbus-service.py", line 101, in display_cb
        window.activate(int(time.time()))
    AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'activate'
    and another thing is that skype-notify.py display recived chat msg if chat windows is focues or closed, so it always diplay notification, in skype-dbus-service.py, version before this was fixed.

thx in advance

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast