Thread: telsta mobile broadband

Beans

telsta mobile broadband

Hi there, can anyone tell me how to set up a Telsta mobile broadband next g on ubuntu as telsta say they do not support ubuntu.

Thanks
    Saccam

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: telsta mobile broadband

It will depend on what sort of modem it is and what version of Ubuntu it is.

The team has set up a page at https://wiki.ubuntu.com/AustralianTe...andInformation that would be a great starting point.

If you've had a look through that and still having issues please let us know (if you can find out) what modem it is and what version of Ubuntu you're using.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by head_victim View Post
    If you've had a look through that and still having issues please let us know (if you can find out) what modem it is and what version of Ubuntu you're using.
    Going to look into getting an internode test modem (Huawei E160E) and doing a quick screencast and tutorial on setting it up.
    // Blog

Beans

I can confirm that Vodaphone Mobile Broadband"Prepaid" works on Ubuntu 11.04 It actually works better under Ubuntu then it did windows, Working with it under windows it continuous dropped out, So i am i quite happy so far with my transition into Linux. I did have to reboot to get it working.

Daryl

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

I've had success with my Nokia E51 and a BigPond Turbo USB adapter (lsusb: ONDA Communication S.p.A. ZTE MF636).

For Telstra Bigpond Mobile, settings may need to be altered for different type of plan:
    On Mobile Broadband tab:
    Number: *99#
    User name@bigpond.com
    password

APN: telstra.bigpond

PPP Settings
    Allowed methods: CHAP
    untick point-to-point encryption and echo, tick the rest.

EDIT: Network manager contains profiles for Telstra. Use the NextG one. Wow, a lot easier nowadays.
    Last edited by pjd99; October 6th, 2011 at 11:11 PM. Reason: brain fart