Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Announcement: PMming and/or IMming mods

Beans

Re: Announcement: PMming and/or IMming mods

Quote Originally Posted by nikoPSK View Post
    why thank you matthew, not that good with acronyms.
    http://www.gaarde.org/acronyms/?lookup=I

I try to avoid them, but sometimes I use them.

nikoPSK is offline I Ubuntu, Therefore, I Am
    Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

oh thank you...

I Am Not A Lawyer is a horrible acronym

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by nikoPSK View Post
    oh thank you...

I Am Not A Lawyer is a horrible acronym
    and yet one that I, as a law student, have to break out every so often

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Brunellus View Post
    and yet one that I, as a law student, have to break out every so often
    I often use the "I am not a lawyer" or "I am not a doctor" when posting. I spell it out, I never use an acronym for it.

I am a Criminal Justice graduate (last Thursday, actually) and often have to point out my knowledge of the criminal laws and procedures doesn't mean I can give legal advice.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Since someone brought up the acronym part of life, I just had to step in a add one I just made up after reading this again. Here is my new one: APX - Always Playing Xbox I'm sorry I just had to do that.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jfank View Post
    Since someone brought up the acronym part of life, I just had to step in a add one I just made up after reading this again. Here is my new one: APX - Always Playing Xbox I'm sorry I just had to do that.
    That is a good one. I just bought one (an XBox) and was playing several games today, including "Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth", which I don't recommend you play before going to bed. (The more you know about the Cthulhu Mythos, the more of an impression it makes)

Beans
    Hidden!

When I saw this sticky ( I like to read them believe it or not ) I thought LaRoza was slapping my fingers for sending a PM. Mind you it was to change an embarrassing spelling error in the title of a thread I started.

Something I as a "user" here can't do.

So glad to see I'm wrong.

I've probably racked up a lot of points for the "Views" column, with questions I think I might be able to help with and find out; "Gee, I don't have a clue here." And I leave or in somecases "Subscribe" to because I want to know the answer.

Then there's the "wireless", "compiz", "wine" type questions and more that I don't even open. I don't use them, so I certainly can't answer them. I do however PM mods to look at them .... {JOKING!}

I saw where one person said he had nothing answered. Well, I've had some threads go unanswered, so what? ( See above! ) There isn't (I'll bet) a single person who uses the forums that can answer ALL of the questions. It's the luck of the draw folks, as to whether or not someone who has your answer even sees your question.

The help here is GREAT! And all by unpaid volunteers. As is the group of mods and administrators. Unpaid, unsung heroes who do the work 90% of use won't even consider doing for various reasons.

By the way, I've never seen so many mods and administrators all in one thread as I have here. Which only goes to show how bad "PMming and/or IMming mods" must be.

My hat's of to all of you.
    Bruce

PS: LaRoza, can I PM you? I'm having problems with my xBox. I don't know how to plug it in and need help!
    {ducking}

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Well, it havn't been a problem lately (must be the sticky ), but I don't answer support request from users. Not because I'm mean, but the idea of a question with an answer on the forum benefit alot of people instead of hidden away in PMs. Also the forum is quite busy for the staff, modding, maintaining etc. etc.
    ...and if I have to have something that looks like a life beside my work,Ubuntu forums and my other projects it's something I'll stick to.

Though question regarding the forums, rules, policy will be answered.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce M. View Post
    By the way, I've never seen so many mods and administrators all in one thread as I have here.
    so true... if only atleast every thread had a single post from mods[kidding]

by the way maybe the mods and admins should not be listed in the bottom of the page!!! MAKES U GUYS AN EASIER TARGET

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

On average I probably get 1-2 PM's a day asking me for help, I appreciate the moderators addressing the issue, thanks guys.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast