Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hardy

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hard

I'm trying to get this working in Intrepid but I'm getting an error at the start of compilation. I think this has something to do with new updates to svn.

-- Generating done
    -- Build files have been written to: /home/durand/Stuff/Source/projectm/projectM-Trunk/src
    [ 0%] Building CXX object libprojectM/CMakeFiles/projectM.dir/projectM.o
    In file included from /home/durand/Stuff/Source/projectm/projectM-Trunk/src/libprojectM/projectM.cpp:59:
    /home/durand/Stuff/Source/projectm/projectM-Trunk/src/libprojectM/Renderer.hpp:28:23: error: FTGL/FTGL.h: No such file or directory
    In file included from /home/durand/Stuff/Source/projectm/projectM-Trunk/src/libprojectM/Renderer.hpp:29,
    from /home/durand/Stuff/Source/projectm/projectM-Trunk/src/libprojectM/projectM.cpp:59:
    /usr/include/FTGL/FTGLPixmapFont.h:29:5: warning: #warning This header is deprecated. Please use <FTGL/ftgl.h> from now.
    make[2]: *** [libprojectM/CMakeFiles/projectM.dir/projectM.o] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [libprojectM/CMakeFiles/projectM.dir/all] Error 2
    make: *** [all] Error 2
    I'm not sure what the problem is here

Thanks in advance.

Beans

Re: Howto: Install and use projectM music visualizer with pulseaudio support on Hard

Quote Originally Posted by sammydee View Post
    I think this is because only nvidia cards have drivers that support framebuffer objects at the moment, so intel cards will fail.

sam
    Precisely, FBO is used in stuff like Blur and MBlur in compiz and those things don't due to the broken implementation of FBO in intel cards. Due to this reason the entire thing has to be rendered via software and thus ProjectM runs like s*** if compiled without FBO and segfaults if done otherwise.
    My Blog
    Procyon >> Dell Studio 1535 Laptop | Intel Core 2 Duo T5750 2.0 GHz | Intel 965PM | 2GB RAM DDR2 | ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3450 256MB | HDD: 250GB | Fedora 11 |
    In Windows, Its easier said than done but in Linux, Its already done...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo12a View Post
    Just one comment to my package builder: I will pretty much discontinue it now, because there is a version 1.2 now (I just realized that it is out for 2 months now ) and SVN is becoming more and more unstable and unusable anyway. I think that they are beginning to develop version 2.0

I found out that the Qt 4.4 incompatibility only occurs with non-english locales... In order to fix it, just execute projectm-pulseaudio like that:

Code:
    LC_NUMERIC=C projectm-pulseaudio
    I have uploaded some packages for version 1.2, including the sources (not in dsc/tar.gz/diff format, but just as one tarball)... the sources are meant for Qt4.4, as otherwise the build-dependency libqt4-opengl-dev is not met. I will do this in two posts...
    Yay, works now. Had to wade into dependency hell for about twenty minutes, luckily the packages I needed could be downloaded from Ubuntu's Intrepid repository (I run Hardy) through Firefox.
    He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself.
    -Thomas Paine

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by MaxIBoy View Post
    Yay, works now. Had to wade into dependency hell for about twenty minutes, luckily the packages I needed could be downloaded from Ubuntu's Intrepid repository (I run Hardy) through Firefox.
    Well, actually this package IS meant for hardy, but with activated backports. I always had the problem that my package didn't run correctly with Qt4.4 installed, so this package is there just to fix exactly that problem... the problem is that it was also compiled with Qt4.4 libraries, so that it won't work with Qt4.3... so, if you activate the backports repo in the "Package Sources" (don't know how it is called in the english locale), then you won't have a problem.

And one comment to the fact that I needed so long until I realized that 1.2 was out: projectM hasn't mentioned on their homepage that 1.2 was released, so I just browsed their SF repository and found out that there IS such a version...

EDIT: I have now successfully compiled libvisual-projectm 1.2, the files are attached, and can - as usual - eat your cow or kill your grandma, even though this is as unlikely as with the original sources .
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jojo12a; September 1st, 2008 at 11:09 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Now cmake will load. Press "c" to configure projectM. Highlight the CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE field, press enter and type "Release" there. Press enter again. Then highlight the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX field and change /usr/local to /usr/. Then press "c" again to configure it with those parameters.

I didnt do that art how do i correct this part
    Acer Aspire E 15 E5-573-51a9
    #OS: Ubuntu 17.10 #CPU type: Intel® Core™ i5-5200U CPU @ 2.20GHz × 4 #Graphics: Intel® HD Graphics 5500 (Broadwell GT2) #RAM:12 GB

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

hm... as this is a cmake based project, the usual "make distclean" won't work. Before doing the following, if you want to clean up your install, delete all the files mentioned in cmake_install.cmake, unluckily cmake doesn't have a "make uninstall" ... then you usually just have to do the following, assuming you are in the build directory, then everything should be as before:

Code:
    make clean
    # look at the comment below before doing this
    rm -r CMakeFiles/ CMakeCache.txt cmake_install.cmake config.inp install_manifest.txt Makefile
    If you want to overcome this situation the next time, just do a so called "out-of-source build" by not running "ccmake ." but "ccmake directory" from outside the place your sources reside in. Then you can just delete the new directory and start right back from the beginning .

Beans

Hi,

I bump on this thread while searching for another thing, and just like to add some info, I port recently audacious with projectM 1.2.0 to opensolaris
    and I also get and fix the same 2 issues listed on this thread , the one about the include is just because FTGL change include to lower case, and the segmentation fault in FBO is the glew support code, follows are the 2 patchs I use, and libprojectM is working without any issue with FBO and pixel shaders, performance is great on my Nevada laptop (openSolaris build96), I guess this could be used also here, hope it helps.

Kind Regards,
    Carlos Almeida,

both patchs in "attach"
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

I saw on pages 11 and 12 people mentioned the mouse disappearing issue.

I've loved projectM but this is starting to become a real big annoyance. Is there anyway to fix this other then restarting x?

Thanks,
    Hans

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Yes, reloading the window manager fixes it, try alt-f2 and executing compiz --replace or metacity --replace depending on your preference.

Not ideal but it works.

Sam

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Hey guys,

I still can't replicate the mouse disappearing issue. Anyone speculating as to why it only happens to some users?

-struk

Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast