Page 46 of 128 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast

Thread: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

Beans

Re: btnx: Send keyboard and mouse combination events with mouse buttons

How did your install of Mandriva 2008 go? Which version did you install? After the installation of btnx you will notice that btnx appears in the Mandriva Control Center (menu item Configure Your Computer) under Services/Manage System Services......

It is not shown as started or to start at boot. However, as long as the 99-btnx.rules file is in /etc/udev/rules.d directory it attempts to start anyway. (and created 14 occurrences at boot this morning)

It was suggested to me that for Mandriva, perhaps btnx should be set up in a similar way to numlock, which is a service that can be started, stopped, or made to start on boot. The operative file is /etc/rc.d/init.d/numlock. It also appears as a system service in Mandriva Control Center.

Regards,

Rich

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by daou View Post
    Try changing your xorg.conf settings like described in the manual's troubleshooting section 9.2.1 (manual version 1.0) or 10.2.1 (manual version 1.1). Link to the manual is on the first post of this thread.

For the wheel, I assume you are using the automatic mode. Then, just change the up and down scroll speeds higher (default is 5, maybe 15 is better). These don't make your scroll speeds different, they control how fast you have to scroll the wheel to change modes.
    Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. I didn't think to try adjusting those settings for the autoscroll; you assumed correctly that I assumed they set the scroll speed. I just tried editing my Xorg like above, and it broke my video. (I was pleasantly surprised to learn that in 7.10, breaking Xorg still lets you into gnome.) I'll experiment some more.

Beans

i need some help here. ive got mx revolution running gutsy 64 bit

my xorg.conf looks as suggested
    Code:
    Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier     "Mouse0"
        Driver         "mouse"
        Option         "Protocol"        "auto"
        Option         "Device"          "/dev/mice"
        Option         "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
        Option         "ZAxisMapping"    "4 5"
        Option         "Buttons"	     "3"
    EndSection
    my btnx_config:
    Code:
    # This is a btnx configuration file generated by btnx-config

Mouse
    vendor_id = 0x046d
    product_id = 0xc51a
    revoco_mode = 0
    revoco_btn = 3
    revoco_up_scroll = 5
    revoco_down_scroll = 5
    EndMouse

Button
    name = left
    rawcode = 0x01011000
    enabled = 0
    type = 0
    delay = 0
    keycode = NONE
    mod1 = NONE
    mod2 = NONE
    mod3 = NONE
    EndButton

Button
    name = right
    rawcode = 0x01011100
    enabled = 0
    type = 0
    delay = 0
    keycode = NONE
    mod1 = NONE
    mod2 = NONE
    mod3 = NONE
    EndButton

Button
    name = search
    rawcode = 0x01008800
    enabled = 1
    type = 0
    delay = 0
    keycode = BTN_MIDDLE
    mod1 = NONE
    mod2 = NONE
    mod3 = NONE
    EndButton

Button
    name = backwards
    rawcode = 0x01011300
    enabled = 1
    type = 0
    delay = 0
    keycode = KEY_LEFT
    mod1 = KEY_LEFTALT
    mod2 = NONE
    mod3 = NONE
    EndButton

Button
    name = forward
    rawcode = 0x01011400
    enabled = 1
    type = 0
    delay = 0
    keycode = KEY_RIGHT
    mod1 = KEY_LEFTALT
    mod2 = NONE
    mod3 = NONE
    EndButton

Button
    name = thumb_press
    rawcode = 0x01011c00
    enabled = 0
    type = 0
    delay = 0
    keycode = NONE
    mod1 = NONE
    mod2 = NONE
    mod3 = NONE
    EndButton

Button
    name = thumb_back
    rawcode = 0x01011a00
    enabled = 1
    type = 0
    delay = 0
    keycode = KEY_RIGHT
    mod1 = KEY_LEFTCTRL
    mod2 = KEY_LEFTALT
    mod3 = NONE
    EndButton

Button
    name = thumb_right
    rawcode = 0x01011800
    enabled = 1
    type = 0
    delay = 0
    keycode = KEY_LEFT
    mod1 = KEY_LEFTCTRL
    mod2 = KEY_LEFTALT
    mod3 = NONE
    EndButton
    as for Xmodmap ive tried practically every mathemathically possible solution, it makes no difference

actually everything works except the back button pastes a 'D' if my mouse is over a terminal, forward button pastes a 'C' and the search button, which i use as middle button pastes whatever is on the clipboard when mouse is over a terminal, and occasionally whatever window i click starts gliding over the screen, pressing the backbutton and its back to normal

plase help, and if theres anything else u need to know let me know

Beans

I have a Logitech VX Nano. I'm trying to get one of the extra buttons working (the "up" button to the left of the left click), and I can get it to do what I want (advance through tabs in Firefox), but it ALSO behaves as a right-click. So it pops up the right-click menu every time I click on it. How can I get rid of that?

Beans

Does anyone remember the old Xorg file setup for the MX Revolution? I remember the old btnx either set it up for you or told you how. It looked nothing like what's in the new guide, but I don't remember any specifics.

Beans

Hi I am running gutsy 64bit with a MS trackball explorer 1(my vendor id is 0x045e, and my prouduct id is 0x0024).
    Btnx installed fine and deteced my mouse and buttons. I only detected my back and forward buttons then configured them and enabled them.
    However I get no responce from the buttons, I checked them in firefox the file browser. The trouble shooter said to stop btnx and start it with commandline this is what it returned.

Opened handler: /dev/input/event0
    Opened handler: /dev/input/event1
    Opened handler: /dev/input/event2
    Opened handler: /dev/input/event3
    Opened handler: /dev/input/event4
    Opened handler: /dev/input/event5
    Opened handler: /dev/input/event6
    Opened handler: /dev/input/event7
    Opened handler: /dev/input/event8
    Opened handler: /dev/input/uinput
    Opened handler: /dev/input/uinput
    revco not started. Disabled in configuration.
    No startup errors

I edited my xorg.conf to look like the one in the trouble shooting guide,
    except my identifier which is "Configured mouse". I also had a diff device directory, "/dev/input/mice"; but neither directory is working.

So, have I configured something wrong? Or is my mouse not supported mabye?

Thanks.
    Last edited by TehLeProsy; October 23rd, 2007 at 06:54 AM. Reason: added product and vendor id.

Beans

Why do we have to do all of this just to get forward and back navigation to work with firefox? I thought complex configuration was going to be eliminated from ubuntu.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Well, for most of these things it's a problem with the hardware (which usually requires drivers). Of course none of these companies offer drivers usually, meaning it has to be built up from the ground by people. The people who work on Ubuntu spend most of their time designing the actual operating system itself. Not the drivers for the hardware.

Think about it this way. If you have a logitech mouse you have to install the drivers (setpoint) in Windows to get everything working. Otherwise you only have the three main buttons (plus scroll) working only. Don't install setpoint? Well all those buttons are useless. And it'd be crazy if the people who worked on the operating system had to work on both the operating system and drivers for the wide range of hardware out there. Hell Microsoft can't even do it (the only reason why most hardware works with them is because they've been in the operating system business since the beginning and wound up with a large large marketshare so companies have to make stuff that works on a Microsoft OS).

Of course what you could do is try to get everyone to use a uniform system of designing hardware so writing the drivers won't be so hard . But that's harder then even asking the companies to have support for Linux lol.
    "I thought what I'd do was I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes"
    Desktop: Ubuntu 9.10, Windows XP
    Laptop: Ubuntu 9.10, Windows Vista (soon to be replaced by Windows 7)
    n800: Diablo/Maemo 4 (one day Mer..)

Beans

Hey Daou,
    I had this problem a while ago and it's reappearing. I reinstalled Sabayon recently (gentoo based) and tried to use btnx-config. However, after I detect buttons and hit ok, it just crashes. If I run from the terminal, it says "Aborted" and in gdb it just gives a sigsev fault. My GTK+- is totally updated, but I'm still having this problem.

Thanks.

Beans

Dude, Fantastic application!

I just purchased a Logitech VX Nano and was trying to figure out how to configure all the buttons. I tried a couple of other How-To's but yours is by far the easiest! Now if you can just get some binaries out there and maybe get it in the repositories.

One question...my VX Nano is not recognized by revoco although it has the same features as the MX Revolution. I looked at Froeses' site and it seems he has just not added it as one of the detected mice. Can I get this to work somehow? Do I need to go directly to Froese and get him to add it to revoco? I tried to fool btnx by manually changing the btnx_config but it just reverted back to saying I didnt have an MX Revolution?

Logitech VX Nano
    Vendor ID....0x046d
    Product ID...0xc521

Page 46 of 128 FirstFirst ... 3644454647485696 ... LastLast