Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Now that the Ubuntu Edge has failed can we please stop with the mobile stuff?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Breezy 5.10

Re: Now that the Ubuntu Edge has failed can we please stop with the mobile stuff?

They say there are nine ways to skin a cat (and why would you want to do THAT?) so I am sure Canonical will device another way to get Ubuntu Edge out. Maybe the first step should be to test on existing hardware before going for brand new hardware development. I look forward to Ubuntu Edge on my netbook. And by the way, how do you add a touch screen to a netbook? Are there some kits out there?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Now that the Ubuntu Edge has failed can we please stop with the mobile stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by llanitedave View Post
    There's always rage going on when it comes to Ubuntu. Can't pretend to completely understand it.
    Remember when they put a firefox beta into 8.04? Golly.
    // Blog

Beans

Look for me I just want a usuable desktop OS, I dont want to go back to windows... at all.
    I like linux and I like using linux.
    Its just that Ubuntu is usually my fallback distro, heck I am using it again now (13.04) and if its the last thing I want to do is use a system that is going the wrong direction.
    And Ubuntu is going the wrong direction, mir will break compatibility with a lot of kde apps I use in Ubuntu like clementine and kdenlive as Canonical rather go into the land of dreams then making thier new counfounded system work wioth the applications I want.
    Nope I will probably have to ditch clementine now, no I have to use crappy rhythm box or some other lame GTK app that is 20 times inferior to it.
    And use openshot, while being more stable then kdenlive it doesnt have certain features like inserting text intro my videos but since Ubuntu in its mighty need to be on a smartphone decided to ditch wayland compatibility and I cant use it anymore when Mir is forced down our throats in 13.04 and we be stuck with it in 14.04.

At this stage I am willing to build my own distro but that takes time and energy, and I dont have the latter.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by MadmanRB View Post
    mir will break compatibility with a lot of kde apps I use in Ubuntu like clementine and kdenlive as Canonical rather go into the land of dreams then making thier new counfounded system work wioth the applications I want.
    Nope I will probably have to ditch clementine now, no I have to use crappy rhythm box or some other lame GTK app that is 20 times inferior to it.
    And use openshot, while being more stable then kdenlive it doesnt have certain features like inserting text intro my videos but since Ubuntu in its mighty need to be on a smartphone decided to ditch wayland compatibility and I cant use it anymore when Mir is forced down our throats in 13.04 and we be stuck with it in 14.04.
    If you actually think clementine is a kde app then maybe you should spend more time getting informed then posting a bunch of nonsense.
    As far as desktop installs I wouldn't expect huge changes (unity8/next, ect. ) until 14.10

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    If you actually think clementine is a kde app then maybe you should spend more time getting informed then posting a bunch of nonsense.
    As far as desktop installs I wouldn't expect huge changes (unity8/next, ect. ) until 14.10
    Yes Clementine is a QT app and not really a KDE app... but its still an app that relies on some KDE libraries and there is this thing called dependency hell.
    And no my opinion is not nonsense, just because you worship the ground Canonical walks on and think the Ubuntu is the best distro since sliced bread doesnt mean I have to.
    Hey dont complain to me when Mir breaks things, I am hoping by the time its done Ubuntu falls in popularity and something new comes in and takes over and we can have something better.
    Until now I am stuck with Ubuntu because of my hardware so I have to make my opinions known about how I feel this is going...
    its my hardware here and i really dont want to go back to windows.
    But if Ubuntu becomes something for tablets and smartphones I dont know if I can use it... I still think tesktops are a viable market and I should not have to buy a phone to use an OS.
    Look I am frustrated thats all, if you dont like my opinions fine but do not call me stupid.
    But of course seeing how this forum is so geared to silencing other opinions I bet i will get a warning while you get off Scott free for calling my posts nonsense....

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate 20.04 Focal Fossa

IMHO, this thread is a mad idea, incidentally, expressed by none other then Madman.
    I would have thought all the whiners have moved on by now, and left us in peice.
    Last edited by mikewhatever; August 31st, 2013 at 12:19 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mikewhatever View Post
    IMHO, this thread is a mad ida, incidentally, expressed by none other then Madman.
    I would have thought all the whiners have moved on by now, and left us in peice.
    Its users like you who really make me mad you know, who gives a crud about differing opinions...

Enjoy your imaginary phones, I live in the real world and I have to use what works best for me.
    Sadly that is ubuntu and that is what makes me mad, I have to cry in the dark as it is very clear no one is willing to listen.
    Whatever, I think I am done with this nonsense anyway... I am just stuck with ubuntu with no escape no matter how much I hate it and the direction its going.
    Last edited by MadmanRB; August 30th, 2013 at 09:14 PM.

Beans

I am just stuck with ubuntu with no escape no matter how much I hate it and the direction its going.
    There are dozens of competing Linux distributions out there. No one is "stuck with Ubuntu."
    If you ask for help, do not abandon your request. Please have the courtesy to check for responses and thank the people who helped you.

Blog · Linode System Administration Guides · Android Apps for Ubuntu Users

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

This thread is deteriorating into a flame war, please read the CoC
    http://ubuntuforums.org/misc.php?do=showrules
    if it continues this thread will be closed.
    Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I am just stuck with ubuntu with no escape no matter how much I hate it and the direction its going.
    Youre not stuck! Try one of the Ubuntu spinoffs like Kubuntu or Xubuntu. If they dont work out, try Mint. It that isnt what youre looking for, there are dozens of others.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast