Thread: Torrents Help - removing adblocker/ghostery

Beans

Torrents Help - removing adblocker/ghostery

Dear all, I've not been using Linux for very long, so need more help! I installed adblocker and ghostery and another simlar program, but now I can't "find" them to pause them while I download things using transmission / deluge (I am presuming this is the reason why torrents aren't working) Thanks for reading / helping out, Gareth [Ubuntu 12.10 / system 76]

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Torrents Help - removing adblocker/ghostery

Quote Originally Posted by Gareth Edwards View Post
    Dear all, I've not been using Linux for very long, so need more help! I installed adblocker and ghostery and another simlar program, but now I can't "find" them to pause them while I download things using transmission / deluge (I am presuming this is the reason why torrents aren't working) Thanks for reading / helping out, Gareth [Ubuntu 12.10 / system 76]
    Are you sure that it is Adblock/Ghostry that is blocking transmission/deluge?
    Adblock Plus and Ghostry are addons for firefox - as such, they do not affect applications outside of firefox.
    Don't waste your energy trying to change opinions ... Do your thing, and don't care if they like it.

Beans

Re: Torrents Help - removing adblocker/ghostery

Thanks for the reply, no, i just presumed it was that to be honest - looking closely on deluge it says "no incomin connections", but doesn't tell me what to do / change - any ideas?