Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: How To: Make Your Own Ubuntu Repository DVDs

Beans

Re: How To: Make Your Own Ubuntu Repository DVDs

Quote Originally Posted by lunamystry View Post
    I need to be sure.

can i now make the gutsy repo DVD?
    I ran this: (debmirror --nosource -m --passive --host=archive.ubuntu.com --root=ubuntu/ --method=ftp --progress --dist=gutsy,gutsy-security,gutsy-updates,gutsy-backports --section=main,restricted,universe,multiverse --arch=i386 UbuntuRepos/ --ignore-release-gpg)

and what I get looks similar to what hobong got. But i have hash(#) instead of ok
    Well, if you looked at the introduction of the tutorial you'll see a clear warning that if you have installed and are running Gutsy Gibbon (7.10) you should NOT be able to download the Gutsy Gibbon repositories. The answer why is detailed above. I'll agree this is a total drag. I've got no solution up my sleeve except: download the repos BEFORE you upgrade to Gutsy. Gutsy's getting great reviews. Period. But do the repository download before you upgrade. <- no longer valid. Error has been repaired.

Either that or contact someone who's still using Feisty/Edgy/Dapper/Breezy/Warty/Hoary and beg them for the DVDs. I've got no other solution at present. We're all waiting for libcompress-zlib-perl to be upgraded to libcompress-zlib-perl_2.005-2 (see previous posts) before everything is resovled. It's a bug: not an attempt to discourage downloading.

I successfully downloaded the Gutsy Gibbon repos in Feisty (I haven't upgraded yet). Hope this answers your question.
    Last edited by BobSongs; February 4th, 2008 at 07:31 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

OH!! so If I am in Feisty I can made the DVD's? I'll just install Feisty because i am the only person who is using Ubuntu that i can ask for the DVD.

Thank you.
    ]

Beans

OH!! so If I am in Feisty I can made the DVD's? I'll just install Feisty because i am the only person who is using Ubuntu that i can ask for the DVD.

Thank you.
    If you still have Feisty Fawn installed on your computer, you're ready to download the Gutsy Gibbon repositories if you follow this tutorial.

Gutsy's current problem is that it cannot download the Gutsy repositories - just the Gutsy repositories. Gutsy can only download these repositories (currently):

Dapper Drake
    Edgy Eft
    Feisty Fawn

Gutsy cannot download these repositories:

Gutsy Gibbon

[Edit] Error repaired. Subject is no longer valid.
    Last edited by BobSongs; February 4th, 2008 at 07:32 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I apologise if this is a stupid question but while ubuntu was still in the beta phase of testing i followed the guide and I think it worked I don't know but I have four iso images left over from the time i followed it the first time.

Did it wotk or is it just nothing in those Iso images? If it worked do i burn each iso image in its own disc because the link provided in the first thread page does not explain how to combine the four images if it is even possible.
    ]

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

This is probably a really dumb question but can I add other repositories to the download. Things like Medibuntu and UbuntuStudio or the Google Repositories. If I can what do I do? Do I just add the repo name in the list or Is there more to it? There seem to be heaps of Repos available on the net so I am interested in the possibility of adding them to the download (either entirely or partially)

For what its worth I am currently downloading Feisty, I will download Gutsy when Feisty has finished.
    Ubuntu User 23142 | Wiki | Laptop | HowTo:Create a background slideshow and Screensaver | Reconditioning pre-loved PCs and installing Ubuntu to give away to good homes.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by k3lt01 View Post
    This is probably a really dumb question but can I add other repositories to the download. Things like Medibuntu and UbuntuStudio or the Google Repositories. If I can what do I do? Do I just add the repo name in the list or Is there more to it? There seem to be heaps of Repos available on the net so I am interested in the possibility of adding them to the download (either entirely or partially)

For what its worth I am currently downloading Feisty, I will download Gutsy when Feisty has finished.
    It's not a dumb question at all. In fact, it's a frequently asked question. This would then make it an FAQ. And if you scroll down to the very bottom of the tutorial you'll find your question there. And you'll find its answer there too. So, I can say: I don't need to answer this one. Yay.
    Last edited by BobSongs; November 4th, 2007 at 01:31 AM.

Beans

Cool Re: How To: Make Your Own Ubuntu Repository DVDs

I apologise if this is a stupid question but while ubuntu was still in the beta phase of testing i followed the guide and I think it worked I don't know but I have four iso images left over from the time i followed it the first time.

Did it work or is it just nothing in those Iso images? If it worked do i burn each iso image in its own disc because the link provided in the first thread page does not explain how to combine the four images if it is even possible.
    Forgive me for completely ignoring this post! This was not deliberate. I'm sometimes too hasty when reading.

If you have ISO images of Gutsy Gibbon on your Hard Disk Drive then you've done the tutorial successfully: even if it is the Gutsy Gibbon repos.
    Last edited by BobSongs; February 4th, 2008 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Verdana again...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hi, I was wondering if I could create a new repository for private use are public when I can upload to a server?

I have setup a directory with apache2, php5, mysql5. I'm wanting to add deb packages to it and maby source packages but I'm unsure what directory structure I should follow. What commands I should run to update the packages file for synaptic, apt, and that other program to read?

I like the tutorial but I'm going to wait until I have enough free space to download the repositories. My biggest hard drive is just loaded with vmware OSes and video. I'm down to 24.5GB free out of 181GB. So when I do download them, I'll go for feisty and maby Gutsy.

Can anybody tell me how big those repositories are with and without sources for dapper, edgy, feisty, and gutsy?

Thanks.
    My PC: ASUS P5QC Motherboard w/ Intel Core2Quad 2.83GHz processor - 8GB of DDR2 800 RAM - nVidia GTX 550 TI 1GB - 1 500GB WD SATA Hard Drive - 750GB WD SATA Hard Drive - 2 ASUS DVD+/-RW DL Burners w/ Lightscribe

Beans

Smile Re: How To: Make Your Own Ubuntu Repository DVDs

Quote Originally Posted by jms1989 View Post
    Hi, I was wondering if I could create a new repository for private use are public when I can upload to a server?
    I imagine there's no trouble with that. I think you may even find a tutorial either in this forum or elsewhere on how to create a publicly available repository. I know I've seen one, but I cannot recall where.

I have setup a directory with apache2, php5, mysql5. I'm wanting to add deb packages to it and maybe source packages but I'm unsure what directory structure I should follow. What commands I should run to update the packages file for synaptic, apt, and that other program to read?
    See above.

I like the tutorial but I'm going to wait until I have enough free space to download the repositories. My biggest hard drive is just loaded with vmware OSes and video. I'm down to 24.5GB free out of 181GB. So when I do download them, I'll go for feisty and maby Gutsy.

Can anybody tell me how big those repositories are with and without sources for dapper, edgy, feisty, and gutsy?
    If I recall, the Gutsy repositories without the source codes was approximately 19 Gigabytes... but I could be off by a few Gigs.

I hope that answers your question. Either way: before you can offer your services as a provider, you'll need the Hard Disk Drive space for these numerous files. I suppose, by the time you free up some space, you'll have found the tutorial to create a local set of publicly available repos.

When you do, feel free to send me a Private Message and I'll add it to the main tutorial.

Last edited by BobSongs; November 18th, 2007 at 07:57 AM. Reason: I keep forgetting to format my text with Verdana, my favorite font.

Beans

Thanks very good explaining.

Just backup up everything.
    Also found warty and newer(older) ubuntu versions.
    Last edited by pietjanjaap; November 24th, 2007 at 11:05 AM.

Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast