Thread: Composing and send messages

Beans

Composing and send messages

Hello I don't understand this. Everytimes I open a post and send the messages,there is no "carriage return". I mean, when I press enter to change line, my whole text stays on the same line. Like this : https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2184849 Am I missing something here? Waht can I do? Help please! Thanks. Luc

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Composing and send messages

Do you have javascript disabled in your browser?

Beans

Hello I have FireFox and yes...javascript is enabled. By the way I'm subscribed to more than 50 forums and it's the first time I see this...in more than 15 years. It could be something I have to adjust in my forum's personnal settings...??? Luc

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by Luc_Lacombe View Post
    Hello I have FireFox and yes...javascript is enabled.
    I'd like to double-check that with you. With recent versions of Firefox, you can't disable javascript globally - javascript is enabled by default. You have to rely on addons such as noscript or ghostery for disabling scripts. If, by chance, you are using either of those add-ons, make sure that you haven't disabled something specific to this forum. Don't block yahooapis.com, although I'm not sure if it's related to this issue.

Another possible cause for a lack of carriage returns in posts is the use of one version of Internet Explorer - I can't remember which. It doesn't play nicely with vbulletin. If you are using IE for the forum, switch the message editor from WYSIWYG mode to source mode using the icon in the toolbar that looks something like A/A. Or in your Settings -> General Settings - Message Editor Interface, try either basic or standard editor.
    Ubuntu 20.04 Desktop Guide - Ubuntu 22.04 Desktop Guide - Forum Guide to BBCode - Using BBCode code tags

Member: Not Canonical Team

If you need help with your forum account, such as SSO login issues, username changes, etc, the correct place to contact an admin is here. Please do not PM me about these matters unless you have been asked to - unsolicited PMs concerning forum accounts will be ignored.

Beans

Hello CofeeCat
    You gave me an hint.
    First you mentionned extensions like No-Script or Ghostery...that I don't have.
    These are related to sort of security so I checked elsewhere in my own extensions.
    I tried disabling few extensions one by one to spot the problematic one.
    I checked Adblock, Better Privacy and Do not Track me and none of them is responsible for the problem.
    The one I spoted which produced the problem is HTTPS-Everywhere.
    Once disabled everything is fine.
    I don't know why this simple security extension accepted in all other forums seems to upset the Ubuntu forum...???

Anyway...
    Thanks very much CofeeCat for you inspiration and help!

Luc Lacombe