Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Desura Game Distribution Platform

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Desura Game Distribution Platform

Quote Originally Posted by Carpentr View Post
    Just bought Family Farm from Desura. It's pretty fun and reminds me of Harvest Moon. One click install, no errors. I could get used to this!
    I bought that too. Nice game.

Beans
    Distro

Just noticed this was stickied . Yes, Desura has been pretty awesome so far. I hope they can keep expanding on the platform. Maybe this will help prove that there is a market for gaming on Linux too.

Let us keep this thread updated with our experiences, and support them if something cool comes out. Or, if they drop the ball on something and it sucks, let em have it! Happy gaming all!

Beans
    Distro

^ Hoping the same thing too. Lets keep our fingers crossed for the future of Linux gaming!

Beans

Any idea how to back up your games? Like, in case i have to reinstall ubuntu, and find my self with no internet for awhile?

would just copying the whole desura install directory be enough??

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ramidavis View Post
    Any idea how to back up your games? Like, in case i have to reinstall ubuntu, and find my self with no internet for awhile?

would just copying the whole desura install directory be enough??
    From what I know, yes...

...except, some games have savegames stored outside the Desura folder, often in a hidden folder in the home directory. I noticed this with Super Zombie Smasher where I played a DEB version of the game, then when I installed Desura and installed the game, I found it was still accessing my savegames.

In short: Backing up the Desura folder should save most, but watch out for where the savegames are for each individual game.

Beans

The biggest paid games released recently on Desura have been Postal 1 & 2. Pretty infamous and Desura has versions updated to work better with Linux.

Caster and the Eschalon (RPG) games have also been added.

They've also added a variety of free games recently including Savage 1 & 2, Seven Kingdoms, Cube 2: Sauerbraten, Neverputt, Marble Arena 2 and Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by Sofox View Post
    The biggest paid games released recently on Desura have been Postal 1 & 2. Pretty infamous and Desura has versions updated to work better with Linux.

Caster and the Eschalon (RPG) games have also been added.

They've also added a variety of free games recently including Savage 1 & 2, Seven Kingdoms, Cube 2: Sauerbraten, Neverputt, Marble Arena 2 and Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory.
    Thanks for the free game tips.

Desura works great on my laptop with Lubuntu 11.10

Rodney

Beans

You're welcome Rodney.

The RTS Warzone 2100 has been released and it's also free. It was once a game published by Eidos, but was since GPLed.

Hey guys, do you want me to keep up a running commentary of games released on Desura? I don't see much reason as it's easy enough for people to check the Desura website, but if people are interested I don't mind.

Beans

Re: Wow! Desura Game Distribution Platform

Quote Originally Posted by Artificial Intelligence View Post
    Thread stick'd.
    So far I have 20 games from Desura ^_^
    Wow are all of them great? If i have a low videocard what game should i play? Low means 128mb ram with 64-bit rate

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie Development Release

Re: Wow! Desura Game Distribution Platform

Quote Originally Posted by mastergkage View Post
    Wow are all of them great? If i have a low videocard what game should i play? Low means 128mb ram with 64-bit rate
    Such as 2D games shouldn't be a problem.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast