Thread: Get Broadcom STA driver...?

Beans
    Hidden!

Get Broadcom STA driver...?

Can I get the Broadcom STA driver Ubuntu usually recommends I download when installing Ubuntu several times in the past on it? It's a dell vostro 1400 and I've installed 10.4 and other Linux distros and it has always recommended a Broadcom STA driver when connected via ethernet cable to the internet; however, I have no way to connect it now so I was wondering if there was a place I could download the driver on my Win7 64-bit desktop computer and then put it on my laptop using USB removable storage. How would I go about installing the driver if it's downloaded on Win7 and Moved to the Ubuntu computer? Please let me know.
    "Uh, listen Jet..."

Beans

Re: Get Broadcom STA driver...?

Quote Originally Posted by Funklink View Post
    Can I get the Broadcom STA driver Ubuntu usually recommends I download when installing Ubuntu several times in the past on it? It's a dell vostro 1400 and I've installed 10.4 and other Linux distros and it has always recommended a Broadcom STA driver when connected via ethernet cable to the internet; however, I have no way to connect it now so I was wondering if there was a place I could download the driver on my Win7 64-bit desktop computer and then put it on my laptop using USB removable storage. How would I go about installing the driver if it's downloaded on Win7 and Moved to the Ubuntu computer? Please let me know.

Well you could go here and get what you need. Read the readme.

http://www.broadcom.com/support/802.11/linux_sta.php