Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Elantech touchpad improperly recognized as “ImPS/2 Logitech Wheel Mouse”

Beans

Re: Elantech touchpad improperly recognized as “ImPS/2 Logitech Wheel Mouse”

I think there is a misunderstanding. If you disable the touchpad with Fn+F9, and you type something, the mouse starts working after you are done typing? That is not the way it works for me with Felixoid's modifications to the asus-touchpad.sh script. Are you sure you copied the script correctly? Please read through the posts carefully.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ALLurGroceries View Post
    If you disable the touchpad with Fn+F9, and you type something, the mouse starts working after you are done typing?
    Yes, that is what happens, when the "Disable touchpad while typing" option is checked in System > Preferences > Mouse > Touchpad. I know it is working in the opposite way.

Anyway, everything works OK if I uncheck that option, so never mind. Thanks a lot for your help

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Wanchu View Post
    Yes, that is what happens, when the "Disable touchpad while typing" option is checked in System > Preferences > Mouse > Touchpad. I know it is working in the opposite way.

Anyway, everything works OK if I uncheck that option, so never mind. Thanks a lot for your help
    Weird. That doesn't happen for me. Can someone else confirm this?

What happens if you run syndaemon -i 1 -d instead of using disable touchpad while typing in mouse preferences?

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Thankyou!!!!!!!!!!

Beans

What happens if you run syndaemon -i 1 -d instead of using disable touchpad while typing in mouse preferences?
    It happens the same, the touchpad is automatically reenabled when I type.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Wanchu View Post
    It happens the same, the touchpad is automatically reenabled when I type.
    OK something is definitely different with your system. Until somebody else confirms this I'll assume it's a quirk for your system or setup. Thanks.

Beans

Thank you for this. I'm running on an Asus K50ij.
    Disabling the touchpad while typing works now.

I have 2 problems though. I cannot disable the touchpad using fn + f9, and I can no longer 2 finger tap to get the effect of a wheel click. I liked that 2 finger tap for wheel click, is there a way I can get that back while keeping the current settings?

2 finger scroll works fine, click works fine, disable while typing works fine, just cannot manually disable and instead of 2 finger tap for wheel click it's 2 finger tap for right click.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Snippa View Post
    I cannot disable the touchpad using fn + f9
    See http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...51#post9271851

and I can no longer 2 finger tap to get the effect of a wheel click.
    Code:
    synclient TapButton2=3

Beans

Did this before posting in this thread, doesn't help with fn + f9.

Code:
    synclient TapButton2=3
    This had no effect, still right clicks instead of a wheel click.

Beans

Did this before posting in this thread, doesn't help with fn + f9.
    Hm, that is curious, maybe you can try fiddling with the script if your system has some quirk.

Edit: maybe you have the same problem as above with the 'disable touchpad while typing' option. Try disabling that and see if Fn+F9 works.

This had no effect, still right clicks instead of a wheel click.
    Sorry, for 3rd button it's:
    Code:
    synclient TapButton2=2
    Last edited by ALLurGroceries; July 10th, 2010 at 02:18 AM.

Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast