Page 1773 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 7731273167317231763177117721773177417751783182318732273 ... LastLast
Results 17,721 to 17,730 of 23480

Thread: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Post your .conkyrc files w/ screenshots

Quote Originally Posted by Sector11 View Post
    I can live with that.
    Then i don't change it. I have attached a script to CTRL-LEFT that changes the wallpaper randomly from the images of a predefined directory, so that's not so difficult to spin the walls around...

That's a biggie .. the font hunt to find the one that's just right.
    The one that does not look like it's giving the finger to the rest of the desktop... Pfff still looking...

... but if you use a "mono" font for your entire conky just hit the [spacebar] to get what you need.
    Gonna look into that, does it work too with templates such as conkyForecast and scripts outputs?

Hmmmmmmm yea, time will tell, normally things like that don't go over to well.
    Sheen was making $1,5 millions per episode of the serie, why would he be that dumb as to go against the producers?
    El Belgicano
    -----------------
    Laptop: 5 years old Asus M6N (ATI9600/9700 graphics, 512Mb RAM, Intel Mobile 1.66GHz, 60Gb HDD) running 10.04-Lucid Lynx pretty nicely.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by El_Belgicano View Post
    Then i don't change it. I have attached a script to CTRL-LEFT that changes the wallpaper randomly from the images of a predefined directory, so that's not so difficult to spin the walls around...
    Good stuff... I have a wife that does the same... two or three times a day! And I'm not joking either!

The one that does not look like it's giving the finger to the rest of the desktop... Pfff still looking...
    Hey a new font!
    Code:
     |
    n|nn
    That letter says: The code is up there!
    Gonna look into that, does it work too with templates such as conkyForecast and scripts outputs?
    Yes perfectly! The key: mono fonts and there are some nice mono font out there.

Sheen was making $1,5 millions per episode of the serie, why would he be that dumb as to go against the producers?
    People with that kind of money don't think the same about it as you and I do. Besides, I don't think it quite that he "went against" the producers as his personal problems: Two and a Half Men site. Time will tell!

Beans
    Hidden!

if you cant find the right font then make it yourself
    http://fontstruct.com/

ive been thinking about starting a font... just need an idea for a theme/shape/style
    plus it looks like it could be a lengthy process to do anything fancy

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by mrpeachy View Post
    if you cant find the right font then make it yourself
    http://fontstruct.com/

ive been thinking about starting a font... just need an idea for a theme/shape/style
    plus it looks like it could be a lengthy process to do anything fancy
    Yea, I tried that once ... takes FOREVER!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Abdus View Post
    I just reinstalled my system, so some specs changed, and obviously I also went for a new, fresh look. This brought a need for a semi-transparent conky background.

I used the conky+compiz method to get it semi transparnt, but the effect is BAD: everything in conky is semitransparent now, including text, pictures and graphs, and I want only the background transparent.

Any tips?
    Use the ever popular lua semi-transparent background.

The original script is available from conky pit stop; several other examples in this thread.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by landwell View Post
    Use the ever popular lua semi-transparent background.

The original script is available from conky pit stop; several other examples in this thread.
    Actually VinDSL improved on that getting rid of memory leaks.
    Attached!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by VinDSL View Post
    I'm gonna rock this for a while...

Code:
    ##################################
    ##            SYSTEM            ##
    ##################################
    ${voffset 20}${font DroidSans:bold:size=8.25}${color4}SYSTEM${offset 8}${color8}${voffset -2}${hr 2}${font}
    ${voffset 4}${font OpenLogos:size=10}${color2}u${voffset -4}${font DroidSans:size=8.65}${color3}${offset 5}${pre_exec lsb_release -sd || cat /etc/*release}${font}
    ${voffset 1}${offset -2}${font OpenLogos:size=12}${color2}Z${voffset -4}${font DroidSans:size=8.65}${color3}${offset 4}${sysname}${offset 5}${kernel}${alignr}${font DroidSans:size=8.45}${machine}${font}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}A${voffset -1}${font DroidSans:size=8.65}${color3}${offset 5}Intel${offset 3}P4${offset 3}Extreme${offset 3}Edition${alignr}${font DroidSans:size=8.3}${freq_g cpu0}${offset 1}GHz${font}
    ${voffset 2}${font StyleBats:size=10}${color2}q${voffset -1}${font DroidSans:size=8.65}${color3}${offset 5}System${offset 3}Uptime${alignr}${font DroidSans:size=8.4}${uptime_short}${font}

Here's how it looks...

(Click to expand)

Who get dah cred?!?!?
    Hey Vin, I been trying to get Conky to look like yours. Can you post a quick how to and your conkyrc and lua file. I never used Cairo/lua stuff with conky before.
    Many thanks,
    Joe (exo)
    Mac Mini: OSX 10.9 Mavericks, i7-3720QM 2.6Ghz, 16GB RAM, 1.25TB Fusion Array, Intel HD4000 iGPU
    Photo Blog on Youtube: www.youtube.com/user/ExodistPhotoBlog
    Linux User: 380654

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit View Post
    Hey Vin, I been trying to get Conky to look like yours. Can you post a quick how to and your conkyrc and lua file. I never used Cairo/lua stuff with conky before.
    Many thanks,
    Joe (exo)
    you are not going to get a how to from VinDSL, as much as I would like him to prove me wrong.

Anyway, some observations about VinDSL's script (i dont know if these are true, i arrived at them after spending some time editing his code)

this above conkyrc in intentionally written to be hard to read
    intentionally written to be hard to edit and change
    intentionally written to be hard to implement

this is achieved mostly through overly complicated and unnecessary formatting and overly complicated and unnecessary use of fonts and font sizes
    just as one example - have you actually seen the difference between Droid Sans and Droid Sans fallback? (and the difference between both of those and what you get from plain old "Sans" for that matter ?) (and the difference between droid sans at 8.65 and 8.75? (openoffice writer won't even allow me to set those numbers as font size, changes them to 8.6 and 8.8 and i still cant tell the difference))

so...

you say you want your conky to look like VinDSL's?
    the question is how much like his?
    do you have ubuntu 11.10?
    do you have 2 processors? more? less?
    do you have a seperate home and root partition?
    do you have other partitions you want to show?
    do you use banshee for playing music?
    what is your screen resolution?

i dont know the resolution that VinDSL uses... but i can tell you that the conkyrc as is wont fit on a 900 pixel tall screen
    this fits on 900 pixels
    requires only 1 lua script
    simplified
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...ostcount=17607

not perfect
    having learned from Sector11 that you have to make space for "Scattered Thunderstorms" (grumble)
    the weather section needs adjusting as "Mostly Cloudy" is the longest that will fit

also i don't have the date box thing at the bottom... but ho hum

anything you have different from me will require editing too, but hopefully you can see the wood for the trees a little better in the lite version
    Last edited by mrpeachy; May 23rd, 2011 at 07:40 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Mate

I am trying to setup weather in my conky. I added VinDSL weather script to my conky. I also followed kaivallgi weather install. This is what I am getting.

Code:
    ERROR: Error reading weather data: Invalid License Key.
    ERROR: Location USOH0722 is not in cache.
    ERROR: Failed to load the location cache
    sh: gcal: not found
    Code:
    #=============================================#
    # EXPERT SETTINGS, NOT REQUIRED TO BE ALTERED #
    #=============================================#
    BASE_XOAP_URL = http://xoap.weather.com/weather/local/<USOH1015>?cc=*&dayf=5&link=xoap&prod=xoap&par=<xxxxxxx964>&key=<xxxxxe576b25d24>&unit=m
    #BASE_XOAP_URL = http://xml.weather.com/weather/local/<USOH1015>?cc=*&dayf=10&link=xoap&prod=xoap&par=<xxxxxx4964>&key=<xxxxxxe576b25d24>&unit=m
    MAXIMUM_DAYS_FORECAST = 4

#===============================================#
    # USER SETTINGS, EDIT BASED ON DOCUMENTED SETUP #
    #===============================================#
    CACHE_FOLDERPATH = /tmp/
    CONNECTION_TIMEOUT = 5
    EXPIRY_MINUTES = 30
    TIME_FORMAT = %H:%M
    DATE_FORMAT = %Y-%m-%d
    LOCALE = en
    XOAP_PARTNER_ID = xxxxxx4964
    XOAP_LICENCE_KEY =xxxxxxe576b25d24
    DEFAULT_LOCATION = USOH0722
    AUTO_NIGHT = False
    PROXY_HOST = 
    PROXY_PORT = 8080
    I know that the ID and the key is right. I copy and paste the id's in. Any ideas? Thanks
    Last edited by alpetjr; May 23rd, 2011 at 11:42 AM.

Beans

Is it Ground hog Day?

Page 1773 of 2348 FirstFirst ... 7731273167317231763177117721773177417751783182318732273 ... LastLast