View Poll Results: Do you want Intrepid to change Ubuntu's GNOME main theme?

Voters
363. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I prefer a redesigned Ubuntu

269 74.10%
  • Yes, I will prefer a Ubuntu desktop that looks more like Windows

9 2.48%
  • Nah, I like brown Human

85 23.42%
Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Wallpaper and theme complaint megathread

Beans

Do you like the default Brown Theme ?

Guys,

I know there are some topics already concerning this issue, but there is none with a pool. I think we need to know - what is preferred - the default brownish colour scheme, or something else ?

I particularly can handle with the brownish look, but I was amazed when I saw how much better it can look using another colour scheme. I think the default could be blue, sliver, black-ish, green .... but not brown ..

When showing it to my friends, one of the most popular comments is - "eh, looks good, except for the Brown windows". And I'm not alone - I've seen lots of people make the same content on their blogs. Also, if you guys search on the internet, most of the people that are recommending others to use ubuntu also strongly recommend to get others themes...

So I wanna know what you think about it - stick with the brown-orange shades, or move to something else ?

Some folks say the the brown is the most "human" and "familiar" colour .... but I doubt that .. if it was true, I think brown would be the preferred colour to choose on cars, trains, etc. And I've never seen a brown car, or train, or tech-related product... (exepct for a dirty one) :-/

Another option that I thought is not sticking with a default - let the user try and choose from the most popular themes at start time. This would be awesome imo.
    Please, note you can choose more than one option on the pool !!
    Last edited by wladston; October 25th, 2007 at 06:14 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Re: Do you like the default Brown Theme ?

Quote Originally Posted by wladston View Post
    Guys,

I know there are some topics already concerning this issue, but there is none with a pool. I think we need to know - what is preferred - the default brownish colour scheme, or something else ?

I particularly can handle with the brownish look, but I was amazed when I saw how much better it can look using another colour scheme. I think the default could be blue, sliver, black-ish, green .... but not brown ..
    Hardy's new colour scheme is rumored to be orange and black (although I think it should be slightly off-black, maybe with a tint of brown, or grey). Check this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by wladston View Post
    Some folks say the the brown is the most "human" and "familiar" colour .... but I doubt that .. if it was true, I think brown would be the preferred colour to choose on cars, trains, etc. And I've never seen a brown car, or train, or tech-related product... (exepct for a dirty one) :-/

Another option that I thought is not sticking with a default - let the user try and choose from the most popular themes at start time. This would be awesome imo.
    Really?! I would have thought green would be the most 'familiar' colour (if there is one), or perhaps blue.
    UPDATED>>Check out my Theme and Wallpaper. Both are still in-progress

Not a CAD professional - just an enthusiast

Beans

Do you like the default Brown Theme ? Let us know!

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=591257

Please, give your vote to the pool!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Big fan of the brown myself... Prob favorite color right there.
    Current Ubuntu Version: Ubuntu 18.04 X64
    Ubuntu User for 10+ Years...
    Phone: Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 on Android O

Beans

I like it. I don't care a lot for the window decoration but it's easily modified. I don't want to see it changed much. Maybe updated but it's Ubuntu's 'look'...

And the black and orange rumor...i hope is just a rumor. It will be the first Ubuntu that I changed from it's default.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

it doesn't matter what the theme is by default, it's going to get changed whether, brown, blue, grey, or black, to what i want.

i voted to keep it brown since it's a nice and different scheme.

Beans

Wink Re: Do you like the default Brown Theme ?

@CAD-MAN
    Wow!! Orange-black looks promising. I have an orange-black-wite keyboard that I love!

@ misfitpierce, Perpetual
    I think there will never be a set of shade with more than 90% of approval. This is why I'm suggesting an option to let the user try and choose a theme at installation time .... this way, we could please everybody ... and brown can still be kept as default colour for the live-cd, to define the "identity" of ubuntu, as some folks say.

Beans

n3tfury, I agree with you. I just think that we should make this procedure easier for the new user, by letting him choose at install time. Most ubuntu users (for example, my mom, and my girlfriend) don't know how to change the theme, or think it's too complicated/difficult.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I love gutsy's and feisty's default themes.

The poll is quite unfair given that it is brown vs. All the other colors!

If anything, if the user does not like the brown he will eventually get to the theme manager and be impressive by how easy it is to change the theme and how many awesome themes are included by default... (Clearlooks and Crux, quite nice) (AND SERIOUSLY, if preferences\Appearance and themes is not easy enough to change the theme, nothing would be)

On my desktop I am using a very nice green theme made by myself, I love it.
    Xye incredibly difficult puzzle game with minimal graphics. Also at playdeb
    Got a blog: Will Stay Free

Beans

I don't think Ubuntu's Appearance Settings are any more difficult than WinXP's. Actually, Windows are buried deeper than Ubuntu's (Gnome's).

Page 1 of 50 12311 ... LastLast