Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Conky Pidgin Python Script

Beans

Re: Conky Pidgin Python Script

Am I able to get help for conkyPidgin here?

Beans

Hi Kaivalagi. Any chance you can help with a problem I'm having with this script? I get the following error in terminal :
    Code:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/share/conkypidgin/conkyPidgin.py", line 333, in writeOutput
        print output.encode("utf-8")
    IOError: [Errno 32] Broken pipe
    ERROR: Unknown error when calling writeOutput:[Errno 32] Broken pipe
    Also, as you can see in the screenshot, it only shows one person as online whereas there is actually 2 people online. (one is msn, other is yahoo) Any suggestions as to why it's not showing the second person? Would it be the first persons yahoo status message is too long perhaps?

I don't know much about pidgin as I don't use it much. Just wanted to try your scripts.

Is there any chance something like this can be done for amsn?

Keep up the great work

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by merlin_ie View Post
    Hi Kaivalagi. Any chance you can help with a problem I'm having with this script? I get the following error in terminal :
    Code:
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/share/conkypidgin/conkyPidgin.py", line 333, in writeOutput
        print output.encode("utf-8")
    IOError: [Errno 32] Broken pipe
    ERROR: Unknown error when calling writeOutput:[Errno 32] Broken pipe
    Also, as you can see in the screenshot, it only shows one person as online whereas there is actually 2 people online. (one is msn, other is yahoo) Any suggestions as to why it's not showing the second person? Would it be the first persons yahoo status message is too long perhaps?

I don't know much about pidgin as I don't use it much. Just wanted to try your scripts.

Is there any chance something like this can be done for amsn?

Keep up the great work
    I think the broken pipe error you are getting relates to the text length and it's support in Conky (may be wrong...)

Can you try extending the text buffer used in conky? I copied this from my weather script thread:

Conky has a default limitation of 128 bytes for any text output from a variable (such as execi). If you are creating large templates with more characters than the default buffer size can handle, the output will get truncated. If this happens you can override the default behaviour by setting as new buffer size before the TEXT section in your conkyrc file, as follows:

Code:
    text_buffer_size 1024

I wont be creating a script for amsn, it just doesn't support enough IM providers...try switching over from amsn to pidgin, I find it a more capable IM client

Beans

I seem to be having the same problem as merlin_ie. It only displays half a name when there's more buddies available. I already have my text_buffer_size 2048. Also when I test the command in terminal it displays everything correctly. Any way to fix you know of? I posted a picture.

background yes
    use_xft yes
    text_buffer_size 2048
    # Xft font when Xft is enabled
    xftfont Terminus:size=9
    # Text alpha when using Xft
    xftalpha 0.8
    update_interval 1
    total_run_times 0
    own_window yes
    double_buffer yes
    minimum_size 300 5
    maximum_width 300
    draw_shades no
    draw_outline no
    draw_borders no
    draw_graph_borders yes
    stippled_borders 0
    border_margin 0
    border_width 0
    default_color white
    default_shade_color black
    default_outline_color white
    own_window yes
    own_window_transparent yes
    own_window_type normal
    own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager
    alignment top_left
    gap_x 0
    gap_y 30
    no_buffers yes
    uppercase no
    cpu_avg_samples 2
    net_avg_samples 2
    # Force UTF8? note that UTF8 support required XFT
    override_utf8_locale yes
    use_spacer yes
    # colours
    color1 white
    # light blue
    color2 6892C6
    # orange
    color3 E77320
    # green
    color4 78BF39
    # red
    color5 CC0000

TEXT
    ${font Terminus:style=Bold:size=11}Pidgin Buddies${font}
    ${color1}${execpi 60 conkyPidgin -t /Conky/conkyPidgin.template -o -C _ -A a -U x -N s -W P -M j -F r}
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by burymeinblack907; June 2nd, 2009 at 08:35 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by burymeinblack907 View Post
    I seem to be having the same problem as merlin_ie. It only displays half a name when there's more buddies available. I already have my text_buffer_size 2048. Also when I test the command in terminal it displays everything correctly. Any way to fix you know of? I posted a picture.
    It must be conky related as the correct output turns up in the terminal. It looks like the conky window isn't large enough.

I would ask some questions on the conkyrc thread, if you here nothing more from here.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

This is a great script, works exactly as advertised! However, I've got a small screen (12.5 in) so I'm trying to free up some space by using a really minimalist conky. Is there a way I can get it to only display the number of online buddies?

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarai the Geek View Post
    This is a great script, works exactly as advertised! However, I've got a small screen (12.5 in) so I'm trying to free up some space by using a really minimalist conky. Is there a way I can get it to only display the number of online buddies?
    Unfortunately not directly, although the default output format is one line per buddy so if you limit output to online only and then parse this output with a sed command you can get a count...e.g:

Terminal:
    Code:
    conkyPidgin -o | sed -n '$='
    Conkyrc:
    Code:
    ${execi 1800 conkyPidgin -o | sed -n '$='}
    Should do the job for you

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

Quote Originally Posted by kaivalagi View Post
    Unfortunately not directly, although the default output format is one line per buddy so if you limit output to online only and then parse this output with a sed command you can get a count...e.g:

Terminal:
    Code:
    conkyPidgin -o | sed -n '$='
    Conkyrc:
    Code:
    ${execi 1800 conkyPidgin -o | sed -n '$='}
    Should do the job for you
    It works perfectly. Kudos to you, sir, and thank you for all your awesome scripts!

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Sarai the Geek View Post
    It works perfectly. Kudos to you, sir, and thank you for all your awesome scripts!
    My pleasure

Beans

Question Re: Conky Pidgin Python Script

This is a great script, thank you for creating it. I have a question about it though. I have pidgin set up for Aim and Xfire. Many of my friends use both (not all of them though). Would it be possible to set it up so that it will only show one copy of that friend if they happen to be logged on both Xfire and AIM?

For example, if Friend1 is logged on AIM and Xfire, would it be possible to tell the script to display that friend on Xfire and only display them on AIM if they aren't logged onto anything else?

As I said, this is a great script, but it can become very cluttered if I have a lot of friends logged on to both AIM and Xfire at once. I don't want to remove them from either list because they don't always log on to both.

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast