Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO: AviSynth video processing with WINE

Beans

Re: HOWTO: AviSynth video processing with WINE

Hi everyone. Avisynth is really great tool and I want to get it working on my Linux boxes but w/o any luck yet. I am trying to get simple avisynth script to work:

Code:
    AVIFileSource("source.file")
    complementparity
    separatefields
    Basically I have short HDV m2t footage captured via dvgrab. When I am encoding my m2t footage into Huffyuv avi file (or raw yv12 or mjpeg and etc) and then trying to feed avisynth with that I am getting:

Code:
    Avisynth error:
    AVISource: couldn't locate a decompressor for fourcc HFYU
    (./sepfields.avs, line 1)
    Same thing repeats for other formats with reflect of it's fourCC. I have ffdshow tryouts installed via wine (tried also klcodec and old ffdshow). Also I have tried to install Huffyuv for windows separately. Last guess was to change wine PATH variable. I had been put PATH info into wine registry and still getting the same errors. And yes I have tried issuing AVIFileSource("source.file"), DirectShowSource("source.file") and AVIFileSource w/o any luck. I cannot understand where the exact problem is and I wonder that nobody reports similar issue because I've got it over three different Linux boxes. Any clues would be greatly appreciated.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Arctures View Post
    Hi everyone. Avisynth is really great tool and I want to get it working on my Linux boxes but w/o any luck yet. I am trying to get simple avisynth script to work:

Code:
    AVIFileSource("source.file")
    complementparity
    separatefields
    Basically I have short HDV m2t footage captured via dvgrab. When I am encoding my m2t footage into Huffyuv avi file (or raw yv12 or mjpeg and etc) and then trying to feed avisynth with that I am getting:

Code:
    Avisynth error:
    AVISource: couldn't locate a decompressor for fourcc HFYU
    (./sepfields.avs, line 1)
    Same thing repeats for other formats with reflect of it's fourCC. I have ffdshow tryouts installed via wine (tried also klcodec and old ffdshow). Also I have tried to install Huffyuv for windows separately. Last guess was to change wine PATH variable. I had been put PATH info into wine registry and still getting the same errors. And yes I have tried issuing AVIFileSource("source.file"), DirectShowSource("source.file") and AVIFileSource w/o any luck. I cannot understand where the exact problem is and I wonder that nobody reports similar issue because I've got it over three different Linux boxes. Any clues would be greatly appreciated.
    Most probably the Huffyuv codec is not properly installed. Does it show up in the codecs list in e.g. VirtualDub?

Beans

That is really strange. After ffdshow and Huffyuv installation I don't have it in VDub codecs. All I have is Cinepak, ffdshow Video codec, Wine MS, Wine Video1. As I understand ffdshow should show more than just 'ffdshow Video codec'?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Arctures View Post
    That is really strange. After ffdshow and Huffyuv installation I don't have it in VDub codecs. All I have is Cinepak, ffdshow Video codec, Wine MS, Wine Video1. As I understand ffdshow should show more than just 'ffdshow Video codec'?
    I don't know about ffdshow, but the Huffyuv codec definitely should.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie

I don't believe ffdshow's VFW interface is set by default to decode anything (or at least, not HuffYUV). Supposing that you made sure to enable the VFW interface while installing, you can get to the proper dialog by choosing the VFW configuration option in the Wine menu, or going to the configuration for ffdshow through VDub (and no, if you're in VDub's codec configuration dialog, 'ffdshow Video Codec' is the only one that should show up there for ffdshow; the other configuration dialogs - Audio decoder, DXVA, and Video decoder, are separate from it and not relevant in this case). You need to set the box for HuffYUV from 'disabled' to 'libavcodec'.

It's pretty hard to get the stuff selected, though - the drop-downs don't seem to work at all. I worked around it by configuring it on Windows, making ffdshow export its configuration to a .reg file, and then importing that .reg file into Wine's registry. Then it was fine.

DirectShowSource won't work at all - Wine can't use DirectShow yet, or only by going through a lot of really complicated hoops first. I've never managed it, at any rate.

Beans

Thank you for your answers. I was able to install Huffyuv with the following command:

Code:
    wine /usr/lib32/wine/fakedlls/rundll32.exe setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultInstall 128 ../avisynth/huffyuv.inf
    ../avisynth/ folder contains unzipped huffyuv package. But now I am stuck with

Code:
    $ wine avs2yuv ./sepfields.avs -o - | mencoder - -o hfyu.avi -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=ffvhuff:vstrict=-1:pred=2:context=1
    MEncoder SVN-r29796-4.3.4 (C) 2000-2009 MPlayer Team
    Reading from stdin...
    success: format: 0  data: 0x0 - 0x0

Avisynth error:
    Script error: there is no function named "Load_Stdcall_Plugin"
    (ffavisynth.avsi, line 1)
    ============ Sorry, this file format is not recognized/supported =============
    === If this file is an AVI, ASF or MPEG stream, please contact the author! ===
    Cannot open demuxer.
    All I want is to get my 50i footage delaced to 50p and then slowed down to 25p to achieve slow motion movement effect.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie

Why are you trying to execute the .avs like a shell script? That's not necessary at all. I don't know if that would be the sole issue, though - I've never been able to pipe properly to mencoder.

Worse comes to worst, you could always use a Windows build of mencoder, as Sherpya's builds include AviSynth support, so you wouldn't have to mess around with avs2yuv or piping. Windows builds of ffmpeg also usually have support for AviSynth (you'd need to get r22717, though - ffmpeg compilation under MinGW is currently borked, and I think that r22717 - or r22718 - is the latest one that does compile cleanly*).

*technically, newer revisions can build fine, but I haven't pinpointed all the stuff that has to be disabled (I just know my ./configure line for an FFMS2-bound ffmpeg worked). The problem is in the RTSP code - it was fixed for POSIX systems, but broke MinGW. Trying to disable just rtsp didn't seem to fix it. Not sure what else I'd have to do. The patch linked to in that thread didn't help, either, unfortunately.

EDIT Apr 16 2010: The RTSP timeout issue on MinGW is fixed now.
    Last edited by qyot27; April 16th, 2010 at 01:31 PM.

Beans

Yes I have realized I should get windows-like editing curve as much as possible. Now I am using great tutorial from Eugenia -
    http://eugenia.gnomefiles.org/2009/0...h-slow-motion/
    All main parts are working so far and I hope I could keep my box windows-free. I am using linux last 5 years and video editing is still a pain. Simple cut-encode works but when I need some creative steps it almost always a pain. Wish there would be sony vegas analog - I'll buy two.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

If you want to encode in Huffyuv, you can try doing it in VDub with the VfW codec instead of mencoder.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie

Well, it's not really a consolation right now, but I would keep an eye on VLMC - it looks like it has the potential to be a very good analog to NLEs like Premiere and Vegas. I've played around with it some and it is still very much pre-alpha software by their own admittance, but the layout is nice and familiar (albeit the text is screwy if you use a dark theme), and so is the timeline. I do hope they implement rubberbands and effect keyframing support - then I'd be pretty happy.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast