Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How are UF Staff selected ?

Beans

Re: How are UF Staff selected ?

My own view is , infractions should not necessarily rule someone out of being staff. They will of course make the team look more closely at the candidate.

I accept that people make mistakes, stuff up but if the candidates history shows that the the lesson was learnt and all is well the bygones are bygones.

I cannot speak for all Council Members on this point this is purely my position on the situation I take every candidate on their merits at the time of consideration.
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

If there weren't already too many stickies in this forum, I'd suggest you sticky this thread, considering it's a such a recurring topic here.

Beans

I found my Electric glue gun
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Neat, thought it went something like this.

As a Loco mod I never had to go through a screening process of any sort, so by loco logic I am allowed to run rampant with my minimal powers. So now I'm off to go delete all of bapoumba's visitor messages.
    Last edited by BslBryan; May 13th, 2010 at 07:42 AM.
    US Army Band Veteran
    Bodybuilding Crew

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by BslBryan View Post
    Neat, thought it went something like this.

As a Loco mod I never had to go through a screening process of any sort, so by loco logic I am allowed to run rampant with my minimal powers. So now I'm off to go delete all of bapoumba's visitor messages.
    I've always found it weird that on vBulletin forums, non-global moderators are able to delete visitor messages.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by MichealH View Post
    I know many a post where the mods have replied the got one infraction before. Don't let that stop you!
    LOL! I'm not the type to go fishing for luck. I'm not seeking a mod promotion, if it comes to me thats something else but I'm not really bothered about trying to be one.

Also I must say that I don't believe in this system for the simple reason that.
    • Ubuntuforums is a large board. All the staff put together cannot possible by-heart all members and thus some good choices will remain unnoticed.
    • The Staff will automatically tend to chose people they know personally or friends on this board / elsewhere.
    • It is impossible to know what goes on via email, PM etc. Thus this system resembles a communist government more then a democratic one.

I have also noticed some mods (Not forum admin), to have minimal activity nowadays (They were more active at first). I feel they should be replaced.

A good method (in my opinion would be), interested candidates have their rules, sign Ubuntu COC etc... They apply and post the Ubuntu wikipage with their contributions and proof. A post is stickied on this forum along with a poll in which all members can participate. The members see the skills on the wiki and vote accordingly.

If lets say 100 mods a needed, the 100 top voted get selected.
    Last edited by kio_http; May 13th, 2010 at 03:13 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Giant Speck View Post
    I've always found it weird that on vBulletin forums, non-global moderators are able to delete visitor messages.
    It is strange. I kind of feel like a security guard, if you know what I mean. The kind of guy who always wanted to be a cop but a security guard was the best he could do.
    US Army Band Veteran
    Bodybuilding Crew

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by kio_http View Post
    I have also noticed some mods (Not forum admin), to have minimal activity nowadays (They were more active at first). I feel they should be replaced.
    There was mentioned a occasional check on exsisting mods somewheres
    A good method (in my opinion would be), interested candidates have their rules, sign Ubuntu COC etc... They apply and post the Ubuntu wikipage with their contributions and proof. A post is stickied on this forum along with a poll in which all members can participate. The members see the skills on the wiki and vote accordingly.

If lets say 100 mods a needed, the 100 top voted get selected.
    Only if Mods counted as 50 votes and Admins as 200; they are much better at determining who to choose so a complete democracy is not a good idea
    "Meddle not with roos; thou art crunchy and grasshopper-like" ※The SABRFL※

Last edited by ubunterooster; 1 Minute ago

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by kio_http View Post
    Just because you do not see them does not mean they are not active. Sometimes real life get's in the way and this should not be the factor for mods to be removed.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by overdrank View Post
    Just because you do not see them does not mean they are not active. Sometimes real life get's in the way and this should not be the factor for mods to be removed.
    Agreed. Many's the time I've been browsing the forums, and just as I've found a thread that I might be able to contribute something to, the lady of the house has decided she wants my attention. And this is before factoring in other stuff such as going out to do some work or doing some errands to help keep things working well at home.
    Forum DOs and DON'Ts
    Please use CODE tags
    Including your email address in a post is not recommended
    My Blog

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast