Thread: Multiple Remmina Instances?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Exclamation Multiple Remmina Instances?

Does anyone how to connect to 2 different machines via Remmina, across 2 workspaces? The best I can do is middle click on the Remmina icon which will launch the main menu while I am already connect to a single machine, but then when I launch a connect to a second machine, it just switches me workspaces to where I have the original connection and adds a tab What I want:

Workspace 3: launch remmina and connect to a remote PC

Workspace 4: middle click on remmina icon to launch a second instance of remmina and then connect to a second remote PC

Then I would be able to switch between remote PCs but switching workspaces and not tabs on a single workspace....Anyone know how to do this or if it is even possible?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Multiple Remmina Instances?

Do nobody else try to connect to 2 different remote PCs at the same time with Remmina? Can someone give it a shot and tell me what happens for them?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Hi,

We've just started to use Remmina. On Xubuntu 12.04 in workspace 1 I can connect to a remote machine.

In workspace 2 I can launch Remmina again and connect to another remote machine.

So now I have two remote connections on separate workspaces.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Azdour View Post
    Hi,

We've just started to use Remmina. On Xubuntu 12.04 in workspace 1 I can connect to a remote machine.

In workspace 2 I can launch Remmina again and connect to another remote machine.

So now I have two remote connections on separate workspaces.

Really? Would you mind posting the version of Remmina you are using and how exactly you are launching it on 2 seperate workspaces (steps) ?

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Hi,

It's Remmina 0.9.99.1

I'm using the XFCE because its Xubuntu - are you using Unity?

Anyway:

1. In workspace 1 I go to Applications | Internet | Remmina Remote Desktop Client
    2. This launches the Remmina window which lists my two remote machines.
    3. I click on the first machine and select connect. The desktop opens in a window in workspace 1.

4. I then click on workspace 2.
    5. I go to Applications | Internet | Remmina Remote Desktop Client.
    6. This launches the Remmina window in workspace 2 which lists my two remote machines.
    7. I click on the second machine and select connect. The desktop opens in a window in workspace 2.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Weird.....Yes, I am using Unity but have the same version of Remmina. I just double checked and no luck I can launch 2 instances of the main menu but as soon as I launch a connection to a 2nd remote PC, it switches to which ever workspaces already has a remote connection and opens it as a tab