Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast

Thread: xf86-input-mtrack: The Other Multitouch Trackpad Driver

Beans

Re: xf86-input-mtrack: The Other Multitouch Trackpad Driver

Splooshie,

Anychance you could walk me through what you did. I'm wondering if I'm having the same problem, as installing mtrack hasn't changed any functionality, however, I'm pretty sure it installed correctly, as someone walked me through building it with automake in a thread in the developers section.

I know that my /X11/xorg file has the has the mtrack configuration in it, so it seems like it should be working, according to posts. But I don't know what else I'm supposed to do to get it to work, as I'm very new to this.

Thanks,
    Nick

Beans

Nick,

Could you post your X11 configuration?
    Last edited by Splooshie123; May 10th, 2012 at 07:39 AM.

Beans

Hello.

EDIT: I removed the coast branch version and reinstalled using apt-get and now it works. THIS IS A BUG WITH THE COAST BRANCH.

I compiled the coast branch from git so I could use the BottomEdge option. I use two fingers: one to click and one to move the cursor. I can't do this with the synaptics driver because that just results in a two-finger click (right click). I've got a macbook pro so there is no separate button.

As far as I can tell, BottomEdge works. When I try to move the cursor in that area, it won't move. But it still doesn't ignore my thumb when I try to click. I still get the right click menu. I think I have the same issue as this: https://github.com/BlueDragonX/xf86-...rack/issues/26

This doesn't look like a problem with configuration because the same thing happens if I use the defaults (no extra configuration).

I also tried xf86-input-multitouch. Thumb detection works and it does ignore my thumb. I don't get accidental right clicks. Unfortunately, multitouch has tap to click which I just find annoying.
    Last edited by Splooshie123; May 14th, 2012 at 04:01 AM.

Beans

Sorry...I've been offline for a while during finals week. Have since reinstalled with 12.04 and trackpad appears to be working fine with the synaptics driver, so I think I'll just stick with that for now.
    Thanks,
    Nick

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by unagimiyagi View Post
    Any documentation on how to compile using autoconf and automake for those who are not familiar with these tools?
    PING! Reiterating the request!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Hi all,

Using a Macbook Air 4,2. I have 12.04 LTS installed, utilising mtrack. It's working a litle better than synaptics, but there's still one particularly annoying issue that I can't seem to tweak.

When I am using the track pad, I like to use two hands. One to move the cursor (right hand) and one to click the "left mouse button". It just seems natural. Clicking the touchpad with the same finger I use to move around usually results in the cursor 'slipping'.

The problem is, if I [accidentally] rest my clicking finger on the lower part of the trackpad, it stops the cursor entirely. This same behaviour does not lock the cursor in OS X. Given that these devices are meant to encourage 'multiple touches', I presume that both drivers are wrongly assuming this to be a two-finger touch, despite the distance between them.

Can anyone think of a way to adjust this behaviour? I wonder if we need extra configuration options -- i.e. minimum/maximum distance between multiple fingers?

Please correct me if I'm missing something obvious in the README.

Tom

Beans

I've tried to download the driver as a DEB package from the link:

http://www.dev.fatalmachine.org/xf86...-mtrack/ubuntu

It is not working. Do you know a where can I download it?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by joskapista View Post
    Do you know a where can I download it?
    It's in the precise packages http://packages.ubuntu.com/precise/x...g-input-mtrack.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by pbhedlund View Post
    You'll ave to compile it from source for now. My webserver's been down for a while and I haven't had time to set up a PPA.
    Gentoo Developer Extraordinaire

Beans

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 LastLast