Thread: Ubuntu 12.04 Specifications

Beans

Ubuntu 12.04 Specifications

Hi there!

I'm currently doing a paper on Ubuntu 12.04 vs. Android 4.0 for college and I'm having trouble finding some specifications for Ubuntu such as:

Multitasking;
    Threads;
    Memory management;

If anyone could give me info on this or even point me to some link with that information I'd be grateful (:

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Ubuntu 12.04 Specifications

Quote Originally Posted by GabiL View Post
    Hi there!

I'm currently doing a paper on Ubuntu 12.04 vs. Android 4.0 for college and I'm having trouble finding some specifications for Ubuntu such as:

Multitasking;
    Threads;
    Memory management;

If anyone could give me info on this or even point me to some link with that information I'd be grateful (:
    In those respects, Ubuntu doesn't differ from any other Linux distributions; it all comes down to the Linux kernel.

In fact, you may find there's not enough difference between Android and Ubuntu in those respects as they both use the Linux kernel.

In short: Rather than researching "Ubuntu multitasking" and "Ubuntu threads" etc, just research information about how Linux does things.
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 12.04 Specifications

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdalbum View Post
    In those respects, Ubuntu doesn't differ from any other Linux distributions; it all comes down to the Linux kernel.

In fact, you may find there's not enough difference between Android and Ubuntu in those respects as they both use the Linux kernel.

In short: Rather than researching "Ubuntu multitasking" and "Ubuntu threads" etc, just research information about how Linux does things.
    Ah, I see.
    I was uneasy about using some general information I've found.
    Thanks making it clear for me!