Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Linux Media Player Mockup

Beans

Linux Media Player Mockup

EDIT: 3 Sep 09 - Finished Version 2. Created from scratch but with the same design in mind, all icons are new and home made except for the streaming logos. Please comment about the changes.

I felt a bit bored so I decided to make a quick mockup of a media player I would like to have in linux. I took inspiration from songbird, iTunes, amarok and boxee and created a combination of their best features along with a lot of new stuff.

Songbox Logo

Songbox Music Player Version 1:

Songbox Music Player Version 2

Songbox Video Player Version 1:

Songbox Video Player Version 2

What do you think? It's my first mockup and I only made it in a few hours so some icons are a bit pixelated.
    Last edited by hyperdude111; September 3rd, 2009 at 05:52 PM.
    For high-res minimalist and abstract wallpapers check out my Deviantart profile - http://hyperdude111.deviantart.com/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Linux Media Player Mockup

I await responses of "OMG WHERE 2 DOWNLOAD?!"

Seriously though, have you looked to see if this sort of thing would be possible in Amarok, or on the GNOME side of things Rhythmbox or Banshee?

As for critique, the search seems to small and out of place and there isn't enough contrast to tell which is selected between Music Video Settings
    If the only reason you think your software is better is because it's FOSS, you need to write better software

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Won't use it sadly, I prefer totem.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Merk42 View Post
    As for critique, the search seems to small and out of place and there isn't enough contrast to tell which is selected between Music Video Settings
    Your right the search is out of place, I will move the search box to the bottom right when I have the time. Thanks.
    For high-res minimalist and abstract wallpapers check out my Deviantart profile - http://hyperdude111.deviantart.com/

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by coldReactive View Post
    Won't use it sadly, I prefer totem.
    What is 'it'? The mockup (which isn't a program) or one of the programs I mentioned?
    Also why won't you use it? As in, why do you prefer Totem?
    If the only reason you think your software is better is because it's FOSS, you need to write better software

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

What is 'it'? The mockup (which isn't a program) or one of the programs I mentioned?
    Also why won't you use it? As in, why do you prefer Totem?
    A. Totem is not playlist based. Opening a file replaces the entire playlist with that one file rather than adding the file as next in the playlist.

B. It can loop one track forever due to the part in part A. This is ultimately what I want.

Beans
    Distro

A. Totem is not playlist based. Opening a file replaces the entire playlist with that one file rather than adding the file as next in the playlist.

B. It can loop one track forever due to the part in part A. This is ultimately what I want.
    I see, well a simple constructive critique would be "add a button to loop this track indefinitely"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I see, well a simple constructive critique would be "add a button to loop this track indefinitely"
    And add an option: "Do not add opened files to the playlist, replace the entire playlist."

Beans
    Distro

And add an option: "Do not add opened files to the playlist, replace the entire playlist."
    Well then people might get upset their previously saved playlist got erased.

What if it scanned a folder (or all folders for specific types) and listed them all, in a "library"?
    Then you could click on one to play just that one file, or go over to "playlists" where it would group/sort by artist or whatever?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Well then people might get upset their previously saved playlist got erased.

What if it scanned a folder (or all folders for specific types) and listed them all, in a "library"?
    Then you could click on one to play just that one file, or go over to "playlists" where it would group/sort by artist or whatever?
    That's exactly why I said it would be an "Option."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast