Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red turning blue in Flash

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Red turning blue in Flash

OK, people in videos on the web are blue, pretty sure they weren't always so, but they definitely are now.

Any thoughts?
    1 - System76 Gazelle Professional, 2 - HP Media Center PC m7680n, Intel Core 2 E6400, 2GB Ram, Nvidia GeForce 7300 LE

Beans

Re: people are strange - well.... blue

try modding your video input, like java settings or other video settings... i'm new so idk...

Beans

Right click on the video, select settings and uncheck the "enable hardware acceleration" option. You'll most likely need to go full screen to do this.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.04 Raring Ringtail

I think I heard something about bad Nvidia drivers somewhere.
    Backups are amazing. 99% of data loss can be prevented by spending less than $100 on an external drive.
    If you have seen an error, there is a good chance someone else has, too. Google is your friend.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by mapman88 View Post
    OK, people in videos on the web are blue, pretty sure they weren't always so, but they definitely are now.

Any thoughts?
    Any specific sites? Can you post a screenshot? Also, what type of graphics hardware do you have? AMD/ATI, Nvidia, or Intel. (alternatively, I can look it up based on your model number).
    Ian Santopietro - System76 Technical Support.
    Open a Support Ticket!
    Ask a Sales Question!

Beans

I've got the same thing on youtube - red & blue seem to be transposed, but not for all videos. A good example is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSLPH9d-jsI. My order # is 21306, and I'm completely updated.

Andrew

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

There ised to be a queer glitch where Totem's video setting defaulted to increased Cyan, after an update. Does that still occur? Does Totem have plugins for web use?

Worth a check, as it takes 5 seconds.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mapman88 View Post

Any thoughts?
    If you're talking about YouTube specifically, I read that it's an Adobe Flash problem.

http://askubuntu.com/questions/11712...o-appears-blue

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Ubun2to View Post
    I think I heard something about bad Nvidia drivers somewhere.
    No, it's Adobe's fault. Somewhere along the way they reversed the red/blue channels when Flash tries to play "Stage Video" streams that use the NVIDIA adapter's H.264 hardware acceleration code. YouTube uses Stage Video and thus you get "smurfed" people.

As others have said, the fix is to go fullscreen, right-click on the video and choose Settings. Uncheck the hardware acceleration box. Then close the browser and open it again. The problem should be resolved.

This bug was created by Adobe but will never be fixed, since they have discontinued support for Flash on the Linux platform. Nice of them to leave us with this bug just as they shut down development.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
    This bug was created by Adobe but will never be fixed, since they have discontinued support for Flash on the Linux platform. Nice of them to leave us with this bug just as they shut down development.
    It's obscene really. Such an easy issue to fix. I just don't understand the contempt demonstrated by some companies towards linux. We may be small in relative size but there still is a heck of a lot of us linux users. The xorg nvidia driver crash introduced by nvidia 6 months ago (for some older cards) is a similar infuriating issue which nvidia just seem to ignore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast