Thread: Remmina & Unity

Beans

Remmina & Unity

Hi,

Does anyone else have any problems when using Remmina with unity in both 12.04 and 12.10?

The specific problem is that when using Remmina as an RDP client to a windows machine in full screen mode, when you minimize this, the unity panel and launcher disappears/becomes transparent until you click on the area where the launcher/panel is.

(as attached)

I have tested this on a cinnamon desktop and everything works as expected.

Thanks in advanced.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Re: Remmina & Unity

venomenus:

I have been experiencing a variety of problems with Remmina and Unity. I have seen the problem you describe before, but not recently. My newest problem is that whenever I minimize a full-screen Remmina session, my desktop re-appears for an instant, but then a snapshot of the full screen Remmina session pops back up, filling the entire screen. The snapshot disappears when I left click anywhere on the desktop. This is kind of a pain in the ass though, because the click registers on whatever application is hiding behind the Remmina fullscreen image.

Other problems:

- The keyboard will randomly stop working inside of my RDP session.
    - The Super and Alt keys will randomly get captured by Unity instead of by the RDP session. I've found no consistent predictability in this behavior.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by mattc1170 View Post
    venomenus:

I have been experiencing a variety of problems with Remmina and Unity. I have seen the problem you describe before, but not recently. My newest problem is that whenever I minimize a full-screen Remmina session, my desktop re-appears for an instant, but then a snapshot of the full screen Remmina session pops back up, filling the entire screen. The snapshot disappears when I left click anywhere on the desktop. This is kind of a pain in the ass though, because the click registers on whatever application is hiding behind the Remmina fullscreen image.

Other problems:

- The keyboard will randomly stop working inside of my RDP session.
    - The Super and Alt keys will randomly get captured by Unity instead of by the RDP session. I've found no consistent predictability in this behavior.
    I can confirm all of this. That's why I'm using rdesktop again.

Beans

That's a big 'me too' over here as well.

Ubuntu Desktop 64-bit with whatever version of Remmina you get by default or through the Ubuntu Software Centre whichever it was I don't remember.

All I know is I didn't do no fancy-pants compiling or adding some extra-Canonical software source to get it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

At last some good news...

Fix will come for Precise in version 5.24. Still not in the proposed repo, but it will be soon I hope... Annoyed by this problem for a few months now.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...y/+bug/1064155