Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Black Screen Issue During Installation from Ubuntu bootable USB

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Re: Black Screen Issue During Installation from Ubuntu bootable USB

I successfully made a bootable USB SSD with mkusb from my old system which I turned into a dual-boot (Ubuntu 13.10 and Windows 7) device.
    Unfortunately, the boot did not pass the second screen on my new Windows 8.1 system: I choose the "Try Ubuntu" option and it gets stuck on the following purple screen after loading Ubuntu I guess.

How can I install the correct Nvidia video card driver on the SSD before booting?
    Last edited by actionmystique; February 23rd, 2014 at 03:29 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Gnome 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Another detail: when I launch GParted from my old BIOS machine to check the SSD, I get a warning:
    "/dev/sdb contains GPT signatures, indicating that it has a GPT table. However, it does not have a valid fake msdos partition table, as it should. Perhaps it was corrupted - possibly by a program that doesn't understand GPT partition tables. Or perhaps you deleted the GPT table, and are now using an msdos partition table. Is this a GPT partition table?"
    Last edited by actionmystique; February 23rd, 2014 at 03:29 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

I think we are at a stage, where we need help from a person with a lot of experience, oldfred. If you write a post at the following thread (and link to this thread for background information) it is likely that he will see it and start helping you.

[Boot-Repair] Graphical tool to repair the PC boot in one click

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by actionmystique View Post
    I successfully made a bootable USB SSD with mkusb from my old system which I turned into a dual-boot (Ubuntu 13.10 and Windows 7) device.
    Unfortunately, the boot did not pass the second screen on my new Windows 8.1 system: I chosose the "Try Ubuntu" option and it gets stuck on the following purple screen after loading Ubuntu I guess.

How can I install the correct Nvidia video card driver on the SSD before booting?
    while booting fro the usb , highlight try ubuntu and press f6 and select nomodeset : http://askubuntu.com/questions/15284...12-04-live-usb

blog
    Donations BTC : 12FwoB7uAM5FnweykpR1AEEDVFaTLTYFkS
    DOUBLEPLUSGOOD!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12