Thread: Customize Activies to include program

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Customize Activies to include program

I have installed a program that I can now invoke using root from the command line like so:

root@kayve-Ubuntu11:~# /root/src/chessx/release/chessx

I know how to change the permissions to let it run as a user, but what I wanted to do is to make it appear using the GUI "Activities" of Gnome and make sure it is in the "Games" section. How can I accomplish this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Re: Customize Activies to include program

Quote Originally Posted by kayve View Post
    I have installed a program that I can now invoke using root from the command line like so:

root@kayve-Ubuntu11:~# /root/src/chessx/release/chessx

I know how to change the permissions to let it run as a user, but what I wanted to do is to make it appear using the GUI "Activities" of Gnome and make sure it is in the "Games" section. How can I accomplish this?

Thanks in advance for any help.

You may want to look into something called "main menu" or something called "Akonaditray". iirc one of them is able to customize the Activities menu in Gnome. You may already have one or both installed on your system or you may need to install. Google should yeild useful information about what either of them are and can do.

Hope it helps

Jake
    “ The best method for accelerating a computer is the one that boosts it by 9.8 m/s2. ”
    - Anonymous