Page 50 of 114 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Thread: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

Beans

Re: Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch Series Development

On first quick test, 25.4 (and the fdi that comes with it) seems the same as yesterday: Stylus and eraser ok, topmost two buttons are right and middle click. With absolute touch I can only access the upper left quarter of my screen, had touch not reacting a few times. Will report back with specifics in a few hours.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by marek_online View Post
    On a less fun note, 25.4 breaks things for me. I get nothing in /varl/log/messages past the module loading:
    Code:
    Nov 18 16:30:58 Childers kernel: [  871.089614] usbcore: deregistering interface driver wacom
    Nov 18 16:31:01 Childers kernel: [  874.340698] usbcore: registered new interface driver wacom
    Nov 18 16:31:01 Childers kernel: [  874.340702] wacom: v1.49-pc-2:USB Wacom Graphire and Wacom Intuos tablet driver
    I've attached Xorg.0.log in case there's anything useful in there.
    Please start looking in /var/log/syslog. Also please refresh my memory on which tablet you have. Thanks.
    EDIT:
    Have gone back to 25.3, and everything's working great. My one minor whinge is that the statement for flipping it to left-handed mode isn't working:

Code:
    <merge key="input.x11_options.Rotate" type="string">HALF</merge>
    Edit: clarified that the kernel module is reporting different interface names now.
    Note that on 25.4 the Hal info.product reported by the kernel module has changed to differentiate interfaces.
    Last edited by ob1kenobi; November 18th, 2009 at 06:41 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca2525 View Post
    On first quick test, 25.4 (and the fdi that comes with it) seems the same as yesterday: Stylus and eraser ok, topmost two buttons are right and middle click. With absolute touch I can only access the upper left quarter of my screen, had touch not reacting a few times. Will report back with specifics in a few hours.
    Thanks for the report. I'm still trying to track down the sequencing issue with the touch and pad tools in the Hal file. X.org assigns the touch x_max and y_max to the pad if you don't restart x, a logout or reboot usually gets the correct scaling back for me.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

I have created patch 34. The only changes to ob1kenobi's source is that I added the debug code in the kernel modules so that it will report additional data. I have also added the patch version so that it will report the version number when reporting the touch/stylus data.

I will be updating the first post now to add the xsetwacom commands.

By the way, if I had my priorities straight, I would be living outside of my house and I don't think my wireless range is strong enough to get a good connection... Also it is raining outside right now and laptops don't like rain.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

EDIT:
    Have gone back to 25.3, and everything's working great. My one minor whinge is that the statement for flipping it to left-handed mode isn't working:

Code:
    <merge key="input.x11_options.Rotate" type="string">HALF</merge>
    I've tried it in a few different sections of the fdi, and tried it through xsetwacom, to no avail. Would appreciate any pointers!
    It looks like that function is currently not working in 0.8.5-4 based on Favux's post.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Ayuthia View Post
    It looks like that function is currently not working in 0.8.5-4 based on Favux's post.
    Ah. Indeed, should have found that one myself. Thanks.

Will have a look at the new patch.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hi, I have a wacom bamboo pen & touch, too. But I don't have enough knowlege to do all the patchs, could you tell me a not to heavy way to get my bamboo work? It would be enough if just using the pen would be working, I can wait for the rest. I have Ubuntu 9.10, wacom-tools and xserver-xorg-input-wacom 0.8.4.1 are installed. The tablet is detected by usb but there is no entry with wacom.

Beans

Hi ElaineM,

I probably don't know much more than you do, but kgingeri's HOWTO here:

http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=541

is probably your best bet for the moment. It's a step by step breakdown of exactly what you need to do get some your pen and eraser working.

This is the thread for the development of the driver that will get everything working properly, but it means that some versions of the patches won't work.

Ayuthia, ob1kenobi, prefiks, Favux and everyone else seem to be very close to getting things well and truly working though, so you probably won't have to wait all that long before we have a fully working version of things. In the meantime, kgingeri's HOWTO at the link above should tide you over.

Beans

Okay, tried 25.4 again, this time with the included fdi instead of the Favux generic one that I had been using. Same problem (nothing from either stylus or touch).

I've syslog attached, but there's no mention of wacom in it. I'm not sure what else I'd be looking for.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Okay, tried 25.4 again, this time with the included fdi instead of the Favux generic one that I had been using. Same problem (nothing from either stylus or touch).

I've syslog attached, but there's no mention of wacom in it. I'm not sure what else I'd be looking for.
    Which OS/kernel version are you running? EDIT: Nevermind I see it in your syslog...
    Last edited by ob1kenobi; November 18th, 2009 at 08:43 PM.

Page 50 of 114 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast