Page 41 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: New music player - Exaile!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: New music player - Exaile!

Quote Originally Posted by m0unds View Post
    i'm really impressed with this app-- but it seems to ignore mp3's from my music library. it adds mpc, flac and ogg files without issue.. if i drag the files from the file browser, it adds them, but not when i scan the music library. am i missing
    Depending on what version you're using, you'll need python-pymad. This dep has been removed from the svn version.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

ill have to give it a look, but i dig my Banshee so i doubt it will make me switch.
    || Intel i7 Ivy 3.6ghz (OC) || Nvidia 675m 2gig GDDR5|| 12 gigs DDR3 ||

Gaming in Linux is Easy Mode.

Beans

Synic - Great Job! I like the look and it seems to work pretty well for shoutcast but I'm having some trouble with my library. When I let it do the import or click on rescan it scans for a few seconds then crashes. Here's the error:

File count: 4305
    python: layer3.c:2633: mad_layer_III: Assertion `stream->md_len + md_len - si.main_data_begin <= (511 + 2048 + 8)' failed.
    Aborted

My library is almost all mp3's and I'm running Ubuntu 6.06 with all the dependencies installed and at the required versions based on your web site. If there's anything else you need to know I'll be happy to provide it.

Keep up the good work!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 6.10 Edgy

hey synic, everything looks great so far but i haven't gotten a chance to try it out for myself. I'm planning on returning to gnome shortly because i switched over to kde a couple of months back and amarok was amazing to work with, so thanks for giving me exaile so i feel right at home on gnome as well.

One request i have, like you said earlier, if you could get creative zen support that would be awesome because i plan to buy a vision m in the coming weeks and even though you mentioned the micro photo i would appreciate it if you tried to tackle the MTP problem and got us vision m folk some support too. Thanks in advance and i can't wait to give this thing a shot!!

Beans
    Hidden!

Hi synic! Exaile is really wonderful. I've been looking for a player with media library capabilities to finally replace XMMS, but they all had something that's been putting me off their use. This one is, somehow, just what I've been looking for. Thanks!

Ideas for future implementation:
    - configurable keybindings
    - gapless playback (I know it has been mentioned already)
    - choosing which drive is being used for audio cd's ('Open disc' menu command reads my dvd )
    - when saving playlists on exit, how about saving multiple tabs (playlists)

Problem (just one):
    - playlist doesn't display track names for audio cd's, but it does display them on the OSD (so, it did fetch the cd info)

None of these are really essential (gapless playback seems particularly hard to achieve; crossfade plugin for XMMS does it, but not many others), so I'm using it full time.

Thanks again!

Beans

Ive been looking for a player as good as amarok to use in gnome. Nothing gets as close to amarok as this does. This is my new player- good work.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Quote Originally Posted by Nicksha View Post
    Hi synic! Exaile is really wonderful. I've been looking for a player with media library capabilities to finally replace XMMS, but they all had something that's been putting me off their use. This one is, somehow, just what I've been looking for. Thanks!

Ideas for future implementation:
    - configurable keybindings
    - gapless playback (I know it has been mentioned already)
    - choosing which drive is being used for audio cd's ('Open disc' menu command reads my dvd )
    - when saving playlists on exit, how about saving multiple tabs (playlists)

Problem (just one):
    - playlist doesn't display track names for audio cd's, but it does display them on the OSD (so, it did fetch the cd info)

None of these are really essential (gapless playback seems particularly hard to achieve; crossfade plugin for XMMS does it, but not many others), so I'm using it full time.

Thanks again!

I'm going to have to second some of these requests/notions. One of the things on my top5 priority list for a media player, is Gapless Playback. Crossfade IMO doesn't cut it. Crossfade only either slices off part of what may be essential to the transition of the songs. I don't know how to code, so I dont' know how difficult this is to implament, but so many players these days do it. Hell, even my iRiver IHP 100 and iPod do it, with the assistance of ROCKbox firmware.

Gapless is a must for me. But since there's really no options right now, from what I've seen, I'll have to settle for which ever player meets my other needs. So far, I've been pretty happy w/Amarok, but would like to try this one. Gapless would win me over in a second, considering how much people are boasting about it in general. I'm sure I'll try it anyway though, since it looks so good.

Doug

Beans
    Distro
    The Feisty Fawn Testing

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Spot View Post
    I'm going to have to second some of these requests/notions. One of the things on my top5 priority list for a media player, is Gapless Playback. Crossfade IMO doesn't cut it. Crossfade only either slices off part of what may be essential to the transition of the songs. I don't know how to code, so I dont' know how difficult this is to implament, but so many players these days do it. Hell, even my iRiver IHP 100 and iPod do it, with the assistance of ROCKbox firmware.
    In theory any player that can do cross-fading should be able to do gapless - it's just a special case where the cross-over time is zero.

Beans

It's a great player and may very well replace Quod Libet (as QL replaced amarok) on my lapop. However, I would just like to mention a couple of points about exaile.
    Firstly, it's sometimes quite difficult to drag-n-drop to add an album to the play-list. It does not have any pointer or anything like that and I am often left with dropping the album among the song of another one. In QL you can see a line where you actually drop the album.

ALso if you try to remove the album from the queue the only option which is available is Balcklist. So I have to remove songs one by one.
    ASUS Zenbook 14 Ubuntu 22.10

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 6.06

I get this error (and I'm using xubuntu dapper)
    is this about the libgstreamer0.10-plugins-good? I think I couldn't find t in repositories. Instead tried to use debian packages but couldn't. anyone can help? I know libgstreamer0.10-plugins-good is in here:
    http://packages.debian.org/unstable/...0-plugins-good
    but cannot install from there :S

Introspect error: The name org.exaile.DBusInterface was not provided by any .ser vice files
    ***** You can safely ignore the above error.
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "/usr/bin/exaile", line 1744, in ?
    main()
    File "/usr/bin/exaile", line 1736, in main
    exaile = ExaileWindow(fr)
    File "/usr/bin/exaile", line 111, in __init__
    media.set_audio_sink(self.settings.get('audio_sink ', 'Use GConf'
    File "/usr/share/exaile/xl/media.py", line 81, in set_audio_sink
    audio_sink = gst.element_factory_make(sink)
    gst.PluginNotFoundError: ossink

Page 41 of 121 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast