Thread: dvdFab not recognizing DVD

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

dvdFab not recognizing DVD

Since I upgraded to Ubuntu Natty, dvdFab has not recognized any DVD I insert into the drive.

The program loads through Wine with no problems, and the disk is mounted by Ubuntu, but no dvd drives are recognized by dvdFab.

I guess it will be a conflicting setting or something, but I would like to know if there is a solution, because my DVD player is knackered and only accepts DVD5's -not double layers any longer.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: dvdFab not recognizing DVD

Quote Originally Posted by Automat2 View Post
    Since I upgraded to Ubuntu Natty, dvdFab has not recognized any DVD I insert into the drive.

The program loads through Wine with no problems, and the disk is mounted by Ubuntu, but no dvd drives are recognized by dvdFab.

I guess it will be a conflicting setting or something, but I would like to know if there is a solution, because my DVD player is knackered and only accepts DVD5's -not double layers any longer.
    Did you checkout the WINE AppDB on dvdfab ?

I guess any Windows-based decrypting program might have issues under WINE because they access the DVD ROM at a low hardware level which WINE might not emulate.
    Xubuntu 12.04 x64 // AMD E-350 (2x1.6 GHz) // 8 GB DDR3 RAM // GeForce 9500GT (1GB) with passive cooling

Beans

I also could not get it working so I just ended up running Windows 7 in Virtualbox using shared folders.

Remember to checkbox Passthrough under Storage=>Hostdrive this allows the guest OS to pass ATAPI commands directly to the host-drive.

I then burn the disc using K3b.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by ghostborg View Post
    I also could not get it working so I just ended up running Windows 7 in Virtualbox using shared folders.

Remember to checkbox Passthrough under Storage=>Hostdrive this allows the guest OS to pass ATAPI commands directly to the host-drive.

I then burn the disc using K3b.
    I only have a native Ubuntu, and only use Wine to emulate this Windows software.

Thank you, anyway.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by HolgerB View Post
    Did you checkout the WINE AppDB on dvdfab ?

I guess any Windows-based decrypting program might have issues under WINE because they access the DVD ROM at a low hardware level which WINE might not emulate.
    Before I upgraded to Natty, DvdFab worked pretty well on Maverick. I has only been over the last two or three days, since the upgrade, that dvdFab has failed.

However, how do I checkout Wine AppDB on dvdfab? I have gone through the settings menu but I haven't found it.

Beans

Hey,

I had this problem as well. Seems Wine is not seeing the D: drive. Here's a link to my post that may help you out. This fixed my issue with DVDfab not seeing DVD's that were inserted.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1744494

Hope that helps.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by BULLIT22 View Post
    Hey,

I had this problem as well. Seems Wine is not seeing the D: drive. Here's a link to my post that may help you out. This fixed my issue with DVDfab not seeing DVD's that were inserted.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1744494

Hope that helps.

Yes, it has helped. I had to do it twice, one for each drive I've got, but now it works fine.

Thanks a lot!

Beans

Nice, Glad it worked for you.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Now, the problem is that DVDfab does not work under Wine for Natty in the same way it used to do for Maverick.

Beans

Actually I'm not quite sure what the issue is. I have two PC's set up both with Maverick. One install saw the DVD's in DVDFab just fine and the other is the one I had issues with. Both PC's were set up the same software-wise.