Page 51 of 142 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW TO: Install a LinuxWacom Kernel Driver for Tablet PC's

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: HOW TO: Install a LinuxWacom Kernel Driver for Tablet PC's

Hi knipp21,

That's a new one on me. A Jaunty thing? I think there is suppose to be some nvidia settings-config option, but if you can't install you probably don't have access. Nothing in System>Administration that says Nvidia settings? Is Jockey (Hardware Drivers) messed up somehow?

You may have to post in Multimedia & Video with your details. Version of Ubuntu, Nvidia card, etc. It's probably something simple.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

knipp21 - You could upload your xorg.conf (/etc/X11/xorg.conf) for us to check to see if anything is wrong with it...
    I have read over all the posts in the last week pretty quickly, but I am pretty sure you have a tx2000z (like Favux and I. Just to make sure, check the label on the bottom. The front will lie sometimes )
    and you used my tutorial with fdi to get your tablet working... If this is the case, to enable restricted drivers, all you would have to do is use my xorg.conf (which I have uploaded below.)
    If you are not absolutely sure, then just upload yours and we can have a looky at it.
    Kory
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by gali98 View Post
    knipp21 - You could upload your xorg.conf (/etc/X11/xorg.conf) for us to check to see if anything is wrong with it...
    I have read over all the posts in the last week pretty quickly, but I am pretty sure you have a tx2000z (like Favux and I. Just to make sure, check the label on the bottom. The front will lie sometimes )
    and you used my tutorial with fdi to get your tablet working... If this is the case, to enable restricted drivers, all you would have to do is use my xorg.conf (which I have uploaded below.)
    If you are not absolutely sure, then just upload yours and we can have a looky at it.
    Kory
    this is what mine says...

Section "ServerFlags"
    Option "DontZap" "False"
    EndSection

#Section "InputDevice"
    #Driver "wacom"
    #Identifier "stylus"
    #Option "Device" "/dev/input/wacom" # USB ONLY?
    #Option "Type" "stylus"
    #Option "USB" "on" # USB ONLY
    #EndSection

#Section "InputDevice"
    #Driver "wacom"
    #Identifier "eraser"
    #Option "Device" "/dev/input/wacom" # USB ONLY?
    #Option "Type" "eraser"
    #Option "USB" "on" # USB ONLY
    #EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier "Configured Video Device"
    Driver "nvidia"
    Option "RandRRotation" "on"
    EndSection

Section "Screen"
    Identifier "Configured Screen Device"
    DefaultDepth 24
    EndSection

Section "ServerLayout"
    InputDevice "stylus" "SendCoreEvents"
    InputDevice "eraser" "SendCoreEvents"
    InputDevice "cursor" "SendCoreEvents" # For non-LCD tablets only
    InputDevice "pad" "SendCoreEvents" # For Intuos3/CintiqV5/Graphire4/Bamboo tablets
    Identifier "Default Layout"
    # InputDevice "stylus" "SendCoreEvents"
    # InputDevice "eraser" "SendCoreEvents"
    EndSection
    Section "InputDevice"
    Driver "wacom"
    Identifier "stylus"
    Option "Device" "/dev/input/wacom" # USB ONLY?
    Option "Type" "stylus"
    Option "USB" "on" # USB ONLY
    EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    Driver "wacom"
    Identifier "eraser"
    Option "Type" "eraser"
    EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    Driver "wacom"
    Identifier "cursor"
    Option "Type" "cursor"
    EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
    Driver "wacom"
    Identifier "pad"
    Option "Device" "/dev/input/wacom" # USB ONLY
    Option "Type" "pad"
    EndSection

its really not a big deal cause im puttin 64bit on when the new one comes out in november and this seems to work as if the graphics card is recognized...and yea its the tx 2000
    From freedom came elegance.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

hmmmm... according to your xorg.conf, the restricted nvidia driver is already installed. The way to check this is to try enabling the visual effects. If it enables then you're good to go... if not then you can just install the nvidia package (nvidia-glx-180), and try it again.
    Kory

Beans

hmmmm... according to your xorg.conf, the restricted nvidia driver is already installed. The way to check this is to try enabling the visual effects. If it enables then you're good to go... if not then you can just install the nvidia package (nvidia-glx-180), and try it again.
    Kory
    compiz and all that stuff is working no prob so i think it is installed...i was just wondering why it was showin otherwise

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

If compiz works it is installed (and you can check which version by verifying you have that package I mentioned.) My guess is that either the restricted driver installer has a corrupt file, or maybe the xorg.conf has an error somewhere that causes the parser to mess up.
    I am wondering though.. If you followed my tutorial, and created the fdi file, then why do you still have entries in the xorg.conf concerning wacom?
    I noticed you had a pad entry... Do you have another tablet plugged in as well?
    If so, how does that work out for you (as in, are there any fighting between the two tablets?)
    Thanks,
    Kory

Beans

Nice work!

My tablet has lain unconfigured for a couple months now after my jaunty upgrade so I decided to follow everyone's instructions and get it working again.

Basically, I followed the instructions to uninstall the wacom stuff and then made sure the xorg.conf file was in good shape.

Then I followed post 104 of this thread, except I just used the default FDI file, as it has been updated since the tutorial was created. (http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...038949&page=11)

Then I restarted, and viola, working tablet. Then I had to enable all the GIMP wacom devices to get GIMP to pay attention to the pressure input, but now it's all gravy.

However, the touch doesn't work, but I'm not really bothered by that. On to messing with the extra buttons...

Thanks for the hard work. I have an HP Pavilion tx2600 tablet.

Beans

If compiz works it is installed (and you can check which version by verifying you have that package I mentioned.) My guess is that either the restricted driver installer has a corrupt file, or maybe the xorg.conf has an error somewhere that causes the parser to mess up.
    I am wondering though.. If you followed my tutorial, and created the fdi file, then why do you still have entries in the xorg.conf concerning wacom?
    I noticed you had a pad entry... Do you have another tablet plugged in as well?
    If so, how does that work out for you (as in, are there any fighting between the two tablets?)
    Thanks,
    Kory
    Well i did all of the first tutorial then i went to yours...i only have this tablet and im not really sure why its showing what it is...like i said when gloria 8/ubuntu 9.10 come out, im going to do a new install of 64bit using only your how to...so im not to worried about what its saying now...but i can load anything you want me to if it could help with your work on this stuff...like i said in an earlier post, im pretty new to all of this stuff

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

@oznozz
    If you use the fdi file in my tutorial (the one you linked to), that should get your touch working... If you find a way to get the extra buttons working, please let us know!

@knipp21
    If everything is working, then just leave it like that.... But technically you could replace your current xorg.conf with mine, and that may solve the Restricted Driver issue... That's only so long as Mint is set up the same (as far as wacom stuff) as 9.04. But like I said, if it works, just leave it if it doesn't bother you.
    Kory

Beans

@oznozz
    If you use the fdi file in my tutorial (the one you linked to), that should get your touch working... If you find a way to get the extra buttons working, please let us know!

@knipp21
    If everything is working, then just leave it like that.... But technically you could replace your current xorg.conf with mine, and that may solve the Restricted Driver issue... That's only so long as Mint is set up the same (as far as wacom stuff) as 9.04. But like I said, if it works, just leave it if it doesn't bother you.
    Kory

lol ok i will leave it and come back here when the new update comes out

Page 51 of 142 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast