Page 100 of 124 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1233

Thread: Linux on 7" mini netbook ARM-VT8500 ?

Beans

Angry Re: Linux on 7" mini netbook ARM-VT8500 ?

I have a easypc e700 series netbook with an arm926 processor, i am trying my best to fix this, it won't boot with vt8500 microsoft windows ce firmware, I can't get it to install windows again because it won't boot with the files from the script folder.

I have also tried to use easypc linux, i cannot write an ext2 partition from my windows xp desktop. I can boot easypc linux from a full fat32 partition, but it stalls and won't boot.

I don't know the first thing about a soc or solid state drive, i know x86 really well. I think that these are more difficult to deal with. I wish i never seen the little thing to tell you the truth.

I would like to be able to use android, but it is so confusing to me to compile anything since it's not x86. I appreciate any input that you would like to give. I know a little ubuntu but not any of the other stuff that you have here. Thanks so much for any information, and God bless

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Re: Linux on 7" mini netbook ARM-VT8500 ?

im going to buy a 9" dell insperon from my uncle here soon
    01101001 0010000001101100011011110111011001100101 00100000011101010110001001110101011011100111010001 110101

i 01101100011011110111011001100101 ubuntu

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Tavicu View Post
    Hello

I want to buy one of this: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=170517933617

I want to ask you if i could install ubuntu or another os on it ... thank you!
    I have one of these. The Android on it runs much, Much, MUCH better than the netbooks being discussed here. It isn't a speed deamon but good for email and web browsing, but no YouTube (No Flash). Its big issue is battery life. I only get about an hour, at most.
    ----
    Linux user since before Yggdrasil, Unix before that while with the real AT&T.

Beans

Hi guys,

I'm reading this amazing and informative Thread for a few days now. after i manage to install Android V1.5 on my WM 8505
    I was looking for other guys here that have experienced problems like i did on Android os [ARM wm 8505 7" Netbook from China].

Although it was already been talked about dozens of pages before, I really want to know if anyone manage to overcome this problems. And this Post maybe could help newcomers that found this Thread on Google but was pretty lost trying to get info' out of it.

These are my problems and Conclusions from reading this big Thread:

1. Red text message "For Demo Purpose only" on the top left bar: Although some people said this MSG was gone after several reboots, I was unable to find the reason for it, or why some people have it and some don't. (Is there any limitations because of it?)

2. A missing "Android -MARKET" icon. Although there are some Alternatives (like [slideme.org/] and manual Apt install) I still don't know why this version lacks the ability to get into Android Market.

3. Missing Internal 2 GB space. Got to realize that Unfortunately this is hopeless, the Android OS basically ran over the Internal flash memory, Leaving me only 199 MB internal free memory. (in other words -> go get a big SD from Ebay)

4. Unable to access USB flash memory (DiskOnKey). This problem is probably one of the annoying one out there. When inserting the USB flash memory device, the "U-disk" Icon is shown on the left top bar, but there is no way to get to it! after a bit of a search, i realized Non of the "File explorers" apps cant get to it too. Well, Sucks.

5. a Problematic Mouse Pad. Well, I'm sure most of you wont bother this one. But this to me is the Worst part, the problem is that the Netbook Mouse pad isn't Function as a regular mouse pad that controls your cursor. It's actually function as kind of a touch screen joystick that moves pages on the desktop. This is totally Useless. When inserting a normal USB mouse there's No problem.
    I real needed this Pad to work Like a normal Mouse. This is the reason i bought the Nbook in the first place - its portability. Now i have to carry a little mouse with me all day?

I guess some of you experienced those problems. If there's a way to fix the Mouse Pad I would consider staying with this OS because i really like its simplicity. [not even the missing market, missing 2 GB memory or Missing U-disk broke my spirit, but the Nonfunctional Mouse pad surly did].

You are more then welcome to add some of your problem with this Android OS , although i think I covered the main ones.

Please Let me know if you have some solutions... Before Changing back to CE or getting into the Non-friendly (for guys like me) world of Linux.

Thanks!
    Bobi.

*sorry for some wording mistakes. English is not my Native language.

Beans

This is quite the thread.

Is the Augen E-Go 7" Netbook the same as these? It seems to have AKARM ARM926-AK7802(248MHz). Has anyone gotten Linux on this netbook? That would be sweet. Also, has anyone here been able to back it up as a factory default image? If not, if someone could point me in the right direction, I will do it. I want to be able to dual boot but don't want a brick.

It is from:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16834320001

Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

It looks physically similar - same case, at least. If you can return it - do so. That is my advice.
    ----
    Linux user since before Yggdrasil, Unix before that while with the real AT&T.

Beans

hi scu-ba-de-buntu,

The Case is exactlly the same, and Hardware seems not as good. How much for intl.shipping from this site?

About Returning to Factory image
    Download this script for wm8505

http://rapidshare.com/files/327848203/8505.rar

this is the original Script image of win CE 6.
    after installing thru SD, Win ce will boot and automaticlly install English. Then reboot- and you are set.

Did any one experience the problems i've posted here two days ago?
    Anyone mange to solve the NonFunctionall Mouse Pad on Android 1.5?

Thanx

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Hello, at the first, sorry for my english, because I`m czech.

Please help, I`m laic and I need to get ubuntu 10.04 on the netbook AMR-WM8505. I need it, because on the windows is PocketWord, but it isnt working on my PC. I need linux very quikly to school. Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I'm sorry smart734 But that's actually out of the question, it has an ARM processor not an X86 so there is no Ubuntu for it right now.
    But on another hand you are quite lucky you got the WM8505 and not the VT8500 like me, there is a Dibian for it, or an Android for it, if you go a little further back in this thread you will find the links to install it and also the instructions on how to install it

Good luck

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by celem View Post
    It looks physically similar - same case, at least. If you can return it - do so. That is my advice.
    I haven't even got it in the mail yet I think it will be here Tuesday morning. I'm not sure if I can just return it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobi-bay View Post
    hi scu-ba-de-buntu,

The Case is exactlly the same, and Hardware seems not as good. How much for intl.shipping from this site?

About Returning to Factory image
    Download this script for wm8505

http://rapidshare.com/files/327848203/8505.rar

this is the original Script image of win CE 6.
    after installing thru SD, Win ce will boot and automaticlly install English. Then reboot- and you are set.

Did any one experience the problems i've posted here two days ago?
    Anyone mange to solve the NonFunctionall Mouse Pad on Android 1.5?

Thanx
    It was $76 at the end of everything.

Since I posted that I have found out that the SoC on my netbook's board is made by Anyka and model AK7802.

Apparently / Supposedly there are backups of drivers with this as well as FULL specifications for the hardware over at http://mininetbooks.your-board.com/. Interestingly though there is BS about becoming a "Knight" there before you are given ANY useful information.
    I want to THANK EVERYONE on this forum for not derailing over to that forum when openanyka told you guys to stop and work on stuff over there. On that note, anyone here have the AK7802 specs? I really want to port linux / install it if someone has figured it out.

Quote Originally Posted by smart734 View Post
    Hello, at the first, sorry for my english, because I`m czech.

Please help, I`m laic and I need to get ubuntu 10.04 on the netbook AMR-WM8505. I need it, because on the windows is PocketWord, but it isnt working on my PC. I need linux very quikly to school. Thanks.
    I'm not sure, but I remember reading that ARM9-WM8505 is the same as VT8505. The source is out there as DonutFUN said though. You will need a SD card to install linux. You should note that Ubuntu is based on Debian, and therefore its not too different once you have a X Windows server running.

Alternatively, or also, there are other WinCE text editors. I don't remember where I found it, but there is a Zip of about 300mb of free Tools and Utilities for WinCE floating around on the forums either from this thread or from the Anyka one located here. Also, what do you mean it doesn't work with your pc? Can you email yourself the files?

Maybe that helps?
    Last edited by scu-ba-de-buntu; August 23rd, 2010 at 03:23 AM.

Page 100 of 124 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110 ... LastLast