Thread: I Cant Figure It Out :(

Beans

Question I Cant Figure It Out :(

I've been trying all day to make a simple DVD, but I just cant seem to figure to out. I dont understand what an image is and all the apps that I've tryed today seem to use this same terminology. I tryed Brasero, K3b, DeVeDe, and a few others. i have read here in the forum in other threads that these were the ones that ppl seem to use. I just cant seem to create a dvd. I dont know that burning an image means or anything.

I used windows for years and absolutely love and prefer Ubuntu now, but I just miss how easy windows software was in creating dvds. Select a file(s) and press burn and that was it. Can some plz help me out on this. i know I sound like a total noob, but I really, truly dont understand any of this burning dvds here.....yet

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: I Cant Figure It Out :(

Open brasero and select video project. Then locate and select the video file you want to use and hit enter. Then look to the bottom right side of the window and click burn.
    Splat Double Splat Triple Splat
    Earn Your Keep
    Don't mind me, I'm only passing through.
    Once in a blue moon, I'm actually helpful

Beans

I want to burn Django Unchained for a friend but the movie is 2hrs 45 mins long. Is there a burner that has a good overburn function?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by jooge View Post
    I want to burn Django Unchained for a friend but the movie is 2hrs 45 mins long. Is there a burner that has a good overburn function?
    "Overburn" is not what you want. An ordinary DVD can only hold 2 hours of video compressed in the "normal" mode of compression; with "overburn" turned on you'd only get a couple more minutes if you're lucky.

I haven't had any recent success burning from Brasero, but I have with Devede. It's very easy to use and it has a button you can press to automatically choose the right level of compression. You could put 3 hours on a DVD because Devede will compress the video more when necessary.
    I try to treat the cause, not the symptom. I avoid the terminal in instructions, unless it's easier or necessary. My instructions will work within the Ubuntu system, instead of breaking or subverting it. Those are the three guarantees to the helpee.

I want to burn Django Unchained for a friend
    Closing this thread because I cannot see how you can legally burn a copy of Django Unchained.
    Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence. Abigail Adams ( 1744 - 1818 ), 1780;

My blog Poetry and More Free Ubuntu Magazine