Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ccsm cheap shot

Beans

Re: ccsm cheap shot

The wizard plugin is in the compiz-plugins package, which is not installed by default and includes wobbly windows, fire, water ,cube and
    a few others.
    Comes from the universe repo.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

Quote Originally Posted by stinkeye View Post
    The wizard plugin is in the compiz-plugins package, which is not installed by default and includes wobbly windows, fire, water ,cube and
    a few others.
    Comes from the universe repo.

Yes .. the extras..

Beans

Yeah, compiz-plugins replaced compiz-plugins-extra and I think
    Canonical only focus on the compiz-plugins-default.

Beans
    Distro

ahh yes.. just seen that .. compiz-plugins-extra now a transitional dummy pkg.

I think my point was missed I was just making a note about the dialogue box when you hover over the 'wizard' icon on the menu. I would just think that the devs might have better things to do like -fix some bugs with SDC- lol
    Last edited by ventrical; March 4th, 2013 at 04:30 PM.

Beans

I see that now. Looks like a bit of a dig between developers.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by stinkeye View Post
    I see that now. Looks like a bit of a dig between developers.
    Thank you !!!! Thats exactly it. Point understood.

Beans

ccsm cheap shot
    First i thought oh no what did the devs do now. What was removed and why will i not be able to use CCSM anymore. Then further i read the thread more and more i understood that after a long long time it looks like actually CCSM will gain a feature!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsRo2890sv4

Fantastic thing! Now only if GNOME devs would add some new cool feature to Nautilus handling the desktop like grid of icons and not a mess of icons or something like that. That would restore my faith in the project.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by EgoGratis View Post
    First i thought oh no what did the devs do now. What was removed and why will i not be able to use CCSM anymore. Then further i read the thread more and more i understood that after a long long time it looks like actually CCSM will gain a feature!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JsRo2890sv4

Fantastic thing! Now only if GNOME devs would add some new cool feature to Nautilus handling the desktop like grid of icons and not a mess of icons or something like that. That would restore my faith in the project.
    Obviously wayland has proven to not be the cure all for the compositor problems and I more or less knew that they would eventually lean back on somthing that works, that being compiz for ubuntu unity desktop. Yes.. it is refreshing to see that there are still some willing to lay up some code for compiz. At this point , the current state of ubuntu+unity depends on it. As for the future .... maybe a trimed down version of compiz or even wayland.
    Last edited by ventrical; March 4th, 2013 at 06:40 PM. Reason: sp

Beans

Actually i did try Weston, MPlayer and some HD videos few days back and it works just fine. Compiz probably should get Wayland backend or Weston should get more plugins and control panel.

Beans

Just to note -
    The description was penned by the person who created wizard plugin from the showmouse plugin & was done tonuge in cheek (read the link I posted
    Nothing to do with anybody, (dev or otherwise), currently managing this or any plugin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast