Re: Ralink RT5390 in 11.04

How can I remove the hard block?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by columb View Post
    How can I remove the hard block?
    I'm very sorry, I have no further suggestions.
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, B.Sc., M.Sc., M.A., Ph.D., Sc.D.

Beans

Okay so it looks like this topic has been dead for awhile but I hope there is somebody that can still help me solve this issue. So I downloaded Ubuntu 11.04 a while back using Wubi and it is a partition on my hard drive. I tried to use Ubuntu because I love the way it is setup but when I tried using the internet it did not work. I read everything that everyone has said to do except I get stuck at the beginning because realtech has merged with another site now and I cannot find the rt5390 driver download anywhere else. I also have another problem as I have not used Ubuntu much so I do not know how to open the terminal (another type of command prompt im assuming). So Im probably going to have alot of trouble with this since im only experienced with windows and its commands. I would like to use Ubuntu as a partition along with my windows so I dont want to get the disk and just overwrite everything. is there a newer version that automatically finds drivers or something or can somebody help me with the version I have now?

here is some of my pc info if it helps

Compaq Hewlett-Packard Presario CQ56 Notebook Pc

Processor: Intel Celeron

64bit

the version on the Ralink RT5390 is 3.1.11.0 and the date for it is 9/10/2010

I will be checking this often but I check my email more often so if is there an awesome person out there that would help me through email it is JoshMurphy0@Gmail.com

Beans
    Distro

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/58267392/20....5.0.3_DPO.zip

Open the terminal with Ctrl + Alt + t.

The instructions are all there above, but post back if you get stuck. Are you subscribed to the thread using Thread Tools at the top?
    "Oh, Ubuntu, you are my favorite Linux-based operating system" --Dr. Sheldon Cooper, B.Sc., M.Sc., M.A., Ph.D., Sc.D.

Beans

yes im subscribed, Im going to try this and ill let you know how it goes

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by BodyKount View Post
    yes im subscribed, Im going to try this and ill let you know how it goes
    Excellent! Post back if you get stuck.

Beans

okay so im stuck pretty quickly lol, I downloaded that file and I have it opened in Jzip, Im using my windows 7 now (because I have no access to the internet on Ubuntu) so I read the beginning part of Post #9 and im confused because I cannot see a config file to edit. after i find this and im finished editing it how do i get this driver to ubuntu?

Beans

okay so im stuck pretty quickly lol, I downloaded that file and I have it opened in Jzip, Im using my windows 7 now (because I have no access to the internet on Ubuntu) so I read the beginning part of Post #9 and im confused because I cannot see a config file to edit. after i find this and im finished editing it how do i get this driver to ubuntu?

Ubuntu is a partition im not using any type of virtual machine

Beans
    Distro

Probably with a USB key. Drag and drop it to your Ubuntu desktop. Right-click it and select Extract Here.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678