Thread: Full Circle Notifier not downloading new items

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Full Circle Notifier not downloading new items

I see that Full Circle Magazine #49 is out, however when I started the FullCircleNotifier, it didn't prompt me. In fact, whenever there's a new podcast or issue out, I don't see anything from the "Notifier" until a much later period (possibly even weeks). I have it set to notify and download (into a valid folder), check every hour for updates, and look for all three available options.

Is there an update for it (as I installed it a few months ago), which corrects this? Or is it that the issues/podcasts/etc haven't been placed on whatever it checks?

Thanks, and have a great day
    Patrick.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Full Circle Notifier not downloading new items

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickD-52761 View Post
    I see that Full Circle Magazine #49 is out, however when I started the FullCircleNotifier, it didn't prompt me. In fact, whenever there's a new podcast or issue out, I don't see anything from the "Notifier" until a much later period (possibly even weeks). I have it set to notify and download (into a valid folder), check every hour for updates, and look for all three available options.

Is there an update for it (as I installed it a few months ago), which corrects this? Or is it that the issues/podcasts/etc haven't been placed on whatever it checks?

Thanks, and have a great day
    Patrick.
    Sorry, it's sometimes me who forgets to send out the notification. Thanks for the reminder this time though!
    Ronnie
    Editor, Full Circle - The FREE Independent Magazine for the Ubuntu Community
    Official Ubuntu Member | Registered Linux User # 456627 | Registered Ubuntu User # 18227

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Re: Full Circle Notifier not downloading new items

Quote Originally Posted by ronniet View Post
    Sorry, it's sometimes me who forgets to send out the notification. Thanks for the reminder this time though!
    No problem. When I got home, I saw a notification for the podcast #19. However, I didn't see one for the latest issue. In the interest of full disclosure, I manually downloaded the latest issue into the same folder that the Notifier would have (so it may have "saw" the issue, and not notified me that it's available).

Have a great day
    Patrick.