Thread: Advanced Linux Class

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Advanced Linux Class

Please correct me if I am not allowed to post this here:

If anyone in the Lafayette area is interested in taking an advanced linux class (ie: working from the command prompt, etc...), the guy who owns Computer Reboot in Lafayette said he would offer a class if he had enough interest.

I have no affiliation with Computer Reboot, but my son and I took his beginners linux class, and he was very informative and seemed extremely knowledgeable.

I think this class would be very informative and very useful for people like me who desire to know more about working from the command prompt.

If you are interested, let me know and I will talk to him to see if he will offer it.

Like I said, I have no affiliation. I am just very anxious to learn more.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Advanced Linux Class

I would be interested in taking the beginning class, first. If he's planning on offering it again soon, I wold then be interested in taking his CLI class. It would be nice to learn a bit more.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by rmccutchan View Post
    Please correct me if I am not allowed to post this here:

If anyone in the Lafayette area is interested in taking an advanced linux class (ie: working from the command prompt, etc...), the guy who owns Computer Reboot in Lafayette said he would offer a class if he had enough interest.

I have no affiliation with Computer Reboot, but my son and I took his beginners linux class, and he was very informative and seemed extremely knowledgeable.

I think this class would be very informative and very useful for people like me who desire to know more about working from the command prompt.

If you are interested, let me know and I will talk to him to see if he will offer it.

Like I said, I have no affiliation. I am just very anxious to learn more.

Well.... how about we let him think its an advanced class, and you guys let us noobs slip in the door too?

Beans

Hello all, i work for computer reboot, i'm actually one of the techs who do the repairs, The classes are being held on Tuesdays and Thursdays @ 7:00 PM at the store located @ 1624 Main Street, Lafayette, IN 47904 and all are welcome. The price for the classes is around $20 for 4 classes. Doors are open to all. The owner of the store (Dave) was a Unix programmer for many years and can answer almost any question you may have. So hopefully we'll see you there, you can call with any questions @ 765.446.2668. Thanks Guys

Beans

I apologize all i was incorrect about the class times they are tuesday and thursdays 7:30 to 8:30 PM sorry about that!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

We have probably met. I have been in there a few times to buy some stuff and I took Daves beginner class.

Is Dave still thinking of and advanced class? He said he needed at least three people. I have 2, and probably 3 people that would like to take it.

When do you work? I need to stop in and pick up a monitor sometime.

Beans

i work basically every day, 9-6 my username is my real name, so if you're ever in ask and see if i'm around

Beans

so do i have any takers on the classes? if i get a list of people who are going to show up i can talk to Dave and get a time and day for advanced classes. PM me or just message here so i can get a list

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

If it was closer to Martinsville, I'd be interested in a beginners or intermediate class, but Lafayette is a bit of a drive for me, especially since I'd have to borrow a vehicle to get up there.