Thread: How to sync Palm Pilot in 11.10?

Beans

Unhappy How to sync Palm Pilot in 11.10?

Palm sync worked fine in 11.04 using gnome-pilot. This option doesn't appear available in 11.10. I've tried all of the other sync utils that I can find in synaptic, or the software center (J-Pilot, Pilot Manager, etc.) and NONE of them work... let alone designed to sync datebook/contacts with Evolution.

Any ideas?

Cheers, Al

Beans

Re: How to sync Palm Pilot in 11.10?

I also used gnome-pilot and now that doesn't work. I did get J-Pilot work, but I want to sync with Evolution because it has a nicer interface. Is there still a way to sync directly with Evolution? Or if not directly is there a way to sync J-Pilot with Evolution?

Beans

I tried to sync just my contacts (only) with J-Pilot as a test, and only 4 contacts came over. Am I missing something?

Cheers, Al

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kmichels View Post
    I also used gnome-pilot and now that doesn't work. I did get J-Pilot work, but I want to sync with Evolution because it has a nicer interface. Is there still a way to sync directly with Evolution? Or if not directly is there a way to sync J-Pilot with Evolution?
    You say you did get Jpilot to work but did you get it to sync? I absolutely cannot connect. I have tried pilot-xfer --port=usb: --sync=<directory path> but that fails to connect too. Looks like we've been cut off at the knees with this release (alas). I would hate to be forced to revert to Windows.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kjaspan View Post
    You say you did get Jpilot to work but did you get it to sync? I absolutely cannot connect. I have tried pilot-xfer --port=usb: --sync=<directory path> but that fails to connect too. Looks like we've been cut off at the knees with this release (alas). I would hate to be forced to revert to Windows.
    Well folks, some limited success. Referring to the bug report #138823 (https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...nk/+bug/138823) I tried pilot-xfer with the debug settings suggested (PILOT_DEBUG=DEV PILOT_DEBUG_LEVEL=DEBUG PILOT_LOG=1 PILOT_LOGFILE=/tmp/pilot_log_file) and got the connect tones. However it was waiting to identify the user and I don't see a way to specify the user with any flag in pilot-xfer as yet. I will report back if I find something.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kjaspan View Post
    I didn't do anything special. I plugged in the palm pilot using a USB cable. I then pushed the hotsync button on the palm, and hit the hotsync button in the Jpilot program at the same time. It then synced.