Thread: App Testing in Saucy

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

App Testing in Saucy

I am sure it will infuriate much of U+1, as this might be hardware specific, but I have found a lot of apps (as well as the dash) have sped up a lot with a fresh install of the most recent daily iso. I had been running saucy since the toolchain was uploaded, and it has been a month since I've done a fresh install, so I suppose my system was a bit bloated, or the newest updates gave me a jump.

Nonetheless I have found three programs that usually take forever to load that load right away now and are very snappy

Libreoffice Writer
    Ubuntu Software Center (I'll admit it's been months since I've even tried, as I've all but given up using this slow and buggy program since Oneiric)
    Software Sources

Hurrah!

Post your results with app responsiveness (or lack thereof) in Saucy...

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

Re: App Testing in Saucy

I find the same thing, that after running a development version for a number of weeks/months, that things tend to slow down a bit, and doing a fresh install makes it seem like you've got a new system, as everything loads faster.

The one thing I have noticed is that Software Sources does load much quicker than it did last week. Another thing I noticed, is that the system over the last couple of days, shuts down much quicker than previously.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro

A dev blogged recently about the loading of Software & Updates being much faster.
    It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.
    Ubuntu user #33,200. Linux user #530,530

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by grahammechanical View Post
    A dev blogged recently about the loading of Software & Updates being much faster.
    Well they finally fixed the bug on that though only for 13.10
    (add. drivers is only searched/loaded when clicking on the add. driver tab after SS is loaded, not during the loading of SS