Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Call of duty 4 3D/OpenGL issue

Beans

Re: Call of duty 4 3D/OpenGL issue

& does AA actually work when enabled? That would be a 1st for Wine. I'd assume that if the patch applied it was required.

So there's a specific option for thefishki345 to try which I overlooked (damn regulars eh, alway missing the small things).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Hey i am having the same error as the guy who started this, but i am trying to run it on Crossover? Any ideas? Also, i got it off of steam, not cd if that makes a differnece
    Registered Linux user #489078 Ubuntu user #27106
    "Every man dies. Not every man really lives." William Wallace
    Blog! www.vrekk.us

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Vrekk View Post
    Hey i am having the same error as the guy who started this, but i am trying to run it on Crossover? Any ideas? Also, i got it off of steam, not cd if that makes a differnece
    I don't think it works with crossover, you have to patch and compile wine

Beans

I installed the new Linux Mint 5 Beta 048 today (nice distro btw), so I decided to try COD4 in Wine 1.0 RC 2 again.

It's weird, if I install the game and play single player first, multiplayer won't work. And if I install the game and play multiplayer first, single player won't work. But I did get both working. I'm not sure if this will help thefishki345, but it's worth a try.

All I did was start multiplayer, let it freeze, then press ALT+F4 until it asked me to force quit. Then I started it up again, it gave me this message:
    It appears COD4 didn't quit properly the last time it was run, do you want to run the game in safe mode?
    I chose "yes" and multiplayer started working.

I also updated all the way to 1.5 (update 1.5 is just a multiplayer patch, so the 1.4 no-dvd crack works fine with it)

Here's some screenshots:
    http://www.vulomedia.com/images/3912singleplayer.png

http://www.vulomedia.com/images/6396multiplayer.png
    Last edited by piratesmack; May 28th, 2008 at 08:54 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Hey guys, just got back from holidays, thanks for all your input helping me. The safe mode thing doesnt work, but I havent perivered with it ( configuring options) I may try rc2 or something later, maybe I will see what rc3 brings
    system specs: amd athlon 64 phenom 9500 (4 cpu´s) 2.2ghz Asus M3A motherboard Nvidia Asus 8800gts 512 320gb harddrive 2gb corsair ram ubuntu 8.04
    Use the thanks button if someone helps you

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by thefishki345 View Post
    Hey guys, just got back from holidays, thanks for all your input helping me. The safe mode thing doesnt work, but I havent perivered with it ( configuring options) I may try rc2 or something later, maybe I will see what rc3 brings
    Just tried 1.0 RC 3 today

COD4 is running great, I didn't even have to start multiplayer in safe mode. There even seems to be a bit of a performance increase, does anyone know how I can check FPS?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

cool, but did you have to patch it to run cod4?

and what about 64 bit people do you still need the extra dlls etc?
    system specs: amd athlon 64 phenom 9500 (4 cpu´s) 2.2ghz Asus M3A motherboard Nvidia Asus 8800gts 512 320gb harddrive 2gb corsair ram ubuntu 8.04

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by thefishki345 View Post
    cool, but did you have to patch it to run cod4?

and what about 64 bit people do you still need the extra dlls etc?
    yeah still have to patch.

I don't think you need any extra dlls anymore

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

hi!

i installed cod4 with wine 1rc3 too but when i wanted to start cod there was the error that some files were missing - in fact the whole files in the /zone/german (or /zone/english )! i copied the files from a windows installation and it works... any idea why the files haven't been installed? it's an original dvd...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Sorry, I have no idea koocho, ahaslam propably does, and thanks piratesmack, I will try it with rc3 soon, but the thing is, I dont think its a wine problem, cos this is happening with people on windows 2.

Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast