Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CinnArch

Beans

Re: CinnArch

Quote Originally Posted by Rukiri View Post
    Is it just me or is arch's packages going downhill? There's plenty of official packages that are broken, wine is one of them (and I use wine for many if not most of my apps). I've used arch and it's one heck of a distro but there needs to be some control over the packages, they need to be doing what gentoo is doing. Heck even xfce was broken this morning on a fresh install, it's getting worse with every passing month.
    Give Manjaro a spin, they move the the arch stable stuff to their own testing repos and once they are happy with things they move it to their own stable repos. This is suppose to catch some of the possible buggy packages.

For someone like me on a limited data plan it's also nice not to be bombarded with frequent updates. Their mhwd tool/scripts are also cool for things like installing gpu drivers and tricky stuff like optimus etc. Been using manjaro for a few weeks now and very happy with it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

If anyone wants to try cinnarch on a liveUSB they should try this tool called "Multisystem". It's used to make live USB with multiple ISOs. You can find it here http://www.pendrivelinux.com/multibo...nux/#more-5069

Beans

It is not just you. Arch tends to go up and down in the past with regards to packages being orphaned. It seems to be getting better though with regards these things. To date, an arch-based system is still extremely good compared to the rest if speed and customizability is your demand. (Even Ubuntu is not as stable when you do a distr-upgrade)

Having said that, Sabayon to me now rivals the arch-based distros like manjaro, archbang, and bridgelinux in terms of performance.

Manjaro super impressed me with the performance and graphical package management inclusion that truly works in a stable manner. It might be the first arch-based distro that I would include on a Newbie's machine instead of Zorin / Mint / Pinguy / Vector linux

CinnArch choice for cinnamon not so appealing to me personally. It is commendable.
    My favorite distros: Mint / Manjaro / Archbang
    Registered Linux user number 478398
    Other Notables: Ubuntu, Pinguy OS, Semplice,

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by fmcgorenc View Post
    If anyone wants to try cinnarch on a liveUSB they should try this tool called "Multisystem". It's used to make live USB with multiple ISOs. You can find it here http://www.pendrivelinux.com/multibo...nux/#more-5069
    You are a big time life saver. I have been looking for this for a long while. You rock man.
    My favorite distros: Mint / Manjaro / Archbang
    Registered Linux user number 478398
    Other Notables: Ubuntu, Pinguy OS, Semplice,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12