Page 66 of 166 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast

Thread: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Howto Install 32 bit Firefox with Flash w/sound and Java for AMD64

Quote Originally Posted by saru411 View Post
    i used the other howto for firefox64 flash with the wrapper. worked great but i still want to get this right mainly for the java since i like playing go on kgs
    Since you have installed the nspluginwrapper flash will not work on firefox32. Are you by any chance running Feisty Fawn?
    Last edited by Kilz; April 11th, 2007 at 06:00 AM.
    I trust Microsoft as far as I could comfortably spit a dead rat

I'm in my third year at a Lutheran seminary!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

no i run edgy eft 6.10 64. im not worried about flash for now, but i would really like to use java on firefox 32 or firefox 64(but i havent found much on this). i want to play go on kgs http://kgs.kiseido.com/

i do however plan on running feisty on another partition/hdd but i want to get a stable version of edgy working first. (off topic; im reading alot of people stating that the new kernel with feisty is allowing them to use their motherboards built in options. ie-asus p5w.)
    The Tao belongs neither to knowing or not knowing. Knowing is false understanding; not knowing is blind ignorance. If you really understand the Tao beyond doubt, its like the empty sky. Why drag in right and wrong?
    Nanch'uan

Beans
    Distro

no i run edgy eft 6.10 64. im not worried about flash for now, but i would really like to use java on firefox 32 or firefox 64(but i havent found much on this). i want to play go on kgs http://kgs.kiseido.com/

i do however plan on running feisty on another partition/hdd but i want to get a stable version of edgy working first. (off topic; im reading alot of people stating that the new kernel with feisty is allowing them to use their motherboards built in options. ie-asus p5w.)
    I just visited that link and the applet started. Exactly what isnt working? What happens?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

on this page it should have players to play with, games to join, ect. under the kgs logo i only see the white screne with the famous green puzzle piece ive grown to love*sarcasm*
    also remember when you asked me to post the info in the begining and all i got was vlc pluggin.
    The Tao belongs neither to knowing or not knowing. Knowing is false understanding; not knowing is blind ignorance. If you really understand the Tao beyond doubt, its like the empty sky. Why drag in right and wrong?
    Nanch'uan

Beans

I figured out what was happening. Some of the dependent files weren't downloading in the script.

I had to apt-get -f install them

Beans
    Distro

on this page it should have players to play with, games to join, ect. under the kgs logo i only see the white screne with the famous green puzzle piece ive grown to love*sarcasm*

also remember when you asked me to post the info in the begining and all i got was vlc pluggin.
    Have you tried to type in
    Code:
    about:plugins
    inti the firefox address bar and see whats there now?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Christobevii3 View Post
    I figured out what was happening. Some of the dependent files weren't downloading in the script.

I had to apt-get -f install them
    apt-get -f is to fix an error in the apt-get database. That could be why they were not downloading/installing.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

here is a screen shot. as you can clearly see no java pluggin from that command in firefox32.

does it matter if i have a firefox64 application at the same time when entering this command? if so i'll post another s/s of the information.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot.png 
Views:	42 
Size:	168.9 KB 
ID:	29525  
    Nanch'uan

Beans
    Distro

here is a screen shot. as you can clearly see no java pluggin from that command in firefox32.

does it matter if i have a firefox64 application at the same time when entering this command? if so i'll post another s/s of the information.
    It will read the 64bit settings if it was open first , please close the 64bit version when working on the 32bit one. You should also have the 64bit one closed first when trying to open the page with the java applet on it. The applet works , see screen shot.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	108.7 KB 
ID:	29527  
    Last edited by Kilz; April 12th, 2007 at 05:39 AM.

Beans

No flash content is being displayed for me.

I installed 32-bit FireFox on my 64-bit Edgy system using the script linked on the first page. I opted to install Java, Flash, and the MPlayer plugin for Edgy. The installation did not give me any errors.

I am able to run firefox 32-bit (using it to type in this forum), but no flash content is showing. I have disabled my addblock plus for the time being, but this has not helped. I typed "about:plugins" in the address and the flash section reads:

Code:
    Shockwave Flash

File name: npwrapper.libflashplayer.so
        Shockwave Flash 9.0 r31

MIME Type 	Description 	Suffixes 	Enabled
    application/x-shockwave-flash 	Shockwave Flash 	swf 	Yes
    application/futuresplash 	FutureSplash Player 	spl 	Yes
    It seems to me that things should just work, but I'm not seeing any flash content. I would appreciate any help.

Page 66 of 166 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast