Page 176 of 179 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 1784

Thread: Comprehensive Multimedia & Video Howto

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Comprehensive Multimedia & Video Howto

Quote Originally Posted by jmate24 View Post
    you can no longer find rubyripper in the repos in 12.04.

plus, in gconf-editor you can adjust how paranoid the cdparanoia is the best one is repair)16

also you may want to try banshee or clementine.
    It's available from Getdeb. Rubyripper works in a similar way to EAC, so it's basically cdparanoia plus checks made to compare at least two rips.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by jamesisin View Post
    I thought Rhythmbox used the same backend for ripping as Sound Juicer?

Any comment on my G5 problem above?
    Rhythmbox seemed to rip very carefully when I tested it, whereas Sound Juicer ripped in hyper mode, hence the name I guess.

I don't think Medibuntu contains packages for PPC anymore. I recommend you try Debian.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ubuntu-freak View Post
    Rhythmbox seemed to rip very carefully when I tested it, whereas Sound Juicer ripped in hyper mode, hence the name I guess.

I don't think Medibuntu contains packages for PPC anymore. I recommend you try Debian.
    Hi can you please update the guide for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS? thanks

Beans

Any ideas on my post in 1745 (15th March)?
    One of the disks which play is region 2 as are the ones which will not play.
    Could it be a dependency problem?
    The players do not seem to see the libdvdcss2 file.
    Can anybody can point me in the right direction please?

Regards Dave

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by olddavew View Post
    Any ideas on my post in 1745 (15th March)?
    One of the disks which play is region 2 as are the ones which will not play.
    Could it be a dependency problem?
    The players do not seem to see the libdvdcss2 file.
    Can anybody can point me in the right direction please?

Regards Dave
    VLC makes use of libdvdcss2 if it's installed. If some DVDs don't work, either they're not supported yet, there's a problem with your DVD player or libdvdcss2 isn't installed.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Redwol View Post
    Hi can you please update the guide for Ubuntu 12.04 LTS? thanks
    What needs updating? The only change I was gonna make was perhaps adding XBMC Media Centre to the install commands, plus maybe a helpful FFMPEG command for converting videos to the MP4 format.

Beans

Which package asks for approval for " Configuring ttf-mscorefonts-installer "? It won't accept any input.

Just to make it clear, I get the approval request from this line in 12.04

sudo apt-get install ubuntu-restricted-extras non-free-codecs p7zip-rar acroread gimp inkscape blender smplayer vlc libdvdcss2 libdvdread4 faac faad audacious rubyripper cd-discid aacplusenc gtkpod lame cdrdao aacgain flac mp3gain normalize-audio vorbisgain arista soundconverter gnome-sushi exfalso winff devede openshot audacity cheese synaptic gconf-editor lsb-core
    Last edited by Randy M; June 11th, 2012 at 02:38 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Hi ubuntu-freak, Just wanted to say even though I don't post much in your thread, you have and are a wealth of information. This thread is like my bible to multimedia and video how to. Ok enough of the sucking up . My question is the last few times I have installed Vlc and follwed your tutorial, everything works the only thing is that when I insert a DVD the Vlc full screen comes up (that's good) then when I hit play I get this window http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/...screenshot.png then I have to click on the disk tab, check if DVD is picked (which it is always) then hit play. I don't remember having to do all them moves before!. I'm using Lubuntu 12.04. I remember inserting the DVD and Vlc coming on and starting the movie. Am I right with that statement or am I on drugs. What do you think. I'm going to check my 10.04 install and see what it does.
    Thanks in advance for your help
    borunco

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by Randy M View Post
    Which package asks for approval for " Configuring ttf-mscorefonts-installer "? It won't accept any input.

Just to make it clear, I get the approval request from this line in 12.04
    I have the same problem using 11.10. The EULA agreement has an <ok> at the bottom which is unuseable. Terminal window now sitting there doing nothing.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by ubuntu-freak View Post
    What needs updating? The only change I was gonna make was perhaps adding XBMC Media Centre to the install commands, plus maybe a helpful FFMPEG command for converting videos to the MP4 format.
    When I tried the global install command from the first post I got an error message about not being able to find ruby ripper and then it exited (I have added Medibuntu and installed the getdeb passage).

I edited the command to remove ruby ripper from the list and the rest are currently installing, I'll chase up ruby ripper later.

Not a problem for me but a complete newbie might get stopped for a while by the unavailability of rr...

eta: I can't find ruby ripper on a manual search of getdeb, I guess they dropped it.

eta2: I got the dialog about installing msttcorefonts (? exact sp) but was able to select the correct responses (OK, then Yes) using tab and enter, they installed OK.
    Last edited by Clancy_s; June 24th, 2012 at 08:03 AM.

Page 176 of 179 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178 ... LastLast