Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: T&e

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: T&e

Quote Originally Posted by not found View Post
    I am personally finding the T&E section frustrating at the moment...

Probably because it is frustrating. The guidelines say this is the place to share your experience both positive and negative, but
    the reality is, it is a pro ubuntu forum and even an honest objective, polite criticism can result in insulting replys and
    harassing PM's .

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by nothingspecial View Post
    Having a dedicated T&E section means that they are all in one place, which you can ignore if they upset you
    This is probably the best advice of all. Thank you.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Given the quality of the usual criticisms, and that nobody benefits (devs don't read them), I'm not sure there's a point in having the sub-forum.

If people have problems, they can post in the appropriate forum; if they've got a positive message, or 10-page rant - who really cares?

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Grenage View Post
    Given the quality of the usual criticisms, and that nobody benefits (devs don't read them), I'm not sure there's a point in having the sub-forum.

If people have problems, they can post in the appropriate forum; if they've got a positive message, or 10-page rant - who really cares?
    Good point. I don't want to see T&E gone though, I think it can be improved ,as one
    reply mentioned, the problem is not so much with the OP rather the subsequent replies.
    Perhaps there should be no replies, obvious rants simply removed.
    I don't have the stats. but i suspect more issues needing resolution arise from this forum
    than any other.
    I'm sure it would make things easier for the staff and moderators if they didn't allow
    replies. Just a thought.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12