Page 61 of 177 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: gNatty Gnome Live ISO

Beans

Re: gNatty Gnome Live ISO

I removed as the link is no longer accessible .....
    Last edited by 23dornot23d; June 14th, 2011 at 10:49 PM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by philnice View Post
    Man you didn't have to switch to command line either to start the installation. system - administration - install release and you're done.
    Didn't know it. Everyday something new to learn

graphic card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4300 Series
    Last edited by mainstream; May 18th, 2011 at 10:04 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Dark Atolm GTK3 theme

I haven't seen this mentioned at all but noticed the the Adwaita theme comes with a dark GTK3 theme, just explore your Adwaita GTK3 directory, it's simple if you look at the files.

Don't know why I typed Atolm, I meant Adwaita.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cbowman57; May 19th, 2011 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Correction: replaced Atolm w/ Adwaita

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by mainstream View Post
    Didn't know it. Everyday something new to learn

graphic card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4300 Series

Helps to keep life fresh.

Beans
    Distro

Wow ! 13 hours of silence, where is everybody at ?
    Sleeping or broken OS ? Well all three Oneiric's are a mess for now, good thing I have a few fallbacks like gNatty.
    Well Good Morning to all and Good Afternoon on the other side of the pond, I guess I'll go for a bike ride at the beach and look at the bikini's
    CUL

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cecilpierce View Post
    Sleeping or broken OS ? Well all three Oneiric's are a mess for now, good thing I have a few fallbacks like gNatty.
    Well Good Morning to all and Good Afternoon on the other side of the pond, I guess I'll go for a bike ride at the beach and look at the bikini's
    CUL
    Good morning/afternoon too ..... nice choice ....

Me too ,,, will go out on bike ride that is ..... nice and sunny here in France today.
    a bit of chill out time then back to it .....

ok all for now.
    Last edited by 23dornot23d; June 14th, 2011 at 10:48 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by cecilpierce View Post
    CUL
    Does look like it's been quiet. My sister & bro-in-law just arrived from Arizona yesterday. We had to make happy hour down at Parrot Island, then we cruised the beach.

I've just been hitting the occasional update/upgrade. Not sure when it happened but users & groups broke sometime over the past couple days.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by 23dornot23d View Post
    Good mornig/afternoon too ..... nice choice ....

Me too ,,, will go out on bike ride that is ..... nice and sunny here in France today.
    a bit of chill out time then back to it .....
    Did post a link to the 64 bit torrent last night and was busy trying to make that available

This time all went well and its been downloaded 3 times it is public but still in testing .....
    would like peoples comments on it ...... run it as a Live Dvd .... 1.5 Gig though so long download ... although there were 3 seeds last time I looked.

ok all for now.
    Just latched onto the torrent, should have it within 12 hours or so. Looks like we've got some more sun today too, yesterday was a little bland and the winds were strong. Water was pretty choppy, make for a nice picture, but the beach wasn't very inviting. Not a good day for bikini watching.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cbowman57 View Post
    Just latched onto the torrent, should have it within 12 hours or so. Looks like we've got some more sun today too, yesterday was a little bland and the winds were strong. Water was pretty choppy, make for a nice picture, but the beach wasn't very inviting. Not a good day for bikini watching.
    Cheers Charles ,

Its been downloaded 6 times now so things may pick up a little .....

Here its mainly countryside .... just got back ..... fields fields and more fields.
    Except for one brilliant picturesque canal 300 kms long the Nantes to Brest canal
    I have biked about 40 km of it in the past .... that is on separate occasions going out 20 km from where I live ( no bikini's around here .... ) ok hope you get the file ok and it
    works a lot better this time ....... if not then we can start discussing why not .....
    and move forward with the problems hopefully ..... as there is one problem that stops me using the panel fully at the moment ....... in a panel js file ......once thats sorted I can add all of the newer panel features to it ......

Be careful how big the code becomes seems to be quite a drain on the system at load up time ......

I did something else too ..... to reduce the size a little a few packages have gone but can be installed from the software center or synaptic ......

Mono and Tomboy Banshee ...... are not on at the moment ..... while testing .....
    ( will keep the Distro to about 1.5 Gig ..... and try not to go any higher now ....

These can always be added later as they are pretty well used and stable packages.

If anybody else thinks things can be removed to get this down to CD size tell me and I will try ....... the extra desktops and users were not as big a overhead as I expected
    as they are all very clean and KDE is just used with cairo-dock

But if you want the full thing ..... do these when you get it ......
    you always have to do update to rebuild the listings for it to work ....

sudo aptitude update
    sudo aptitude install kde-full

you can also do

sudo aptitude safe-upgrade

If you want to see if the other packages break the system
    and by running it from Dvd its a good way to find out before doing it to your main system.

As everything will be running in memory only ..... and disappear on shutdown.
    Really do hope people like the way this is set up and works now ....
    If not then its back to the drawing board ....

By the way this is being typed while using it and the download of a torrent was also done on here
    so the network works on mine ....
    I just hope it works for you all now .... oh I added a weather ICON too .... in Cairo-dock let me know if it works
    ok now too ......

TODAYS SCREENSHOTS - 1

GIMP RUNNING - 2 ( and in LXDE with Gnome shell ..... just do Alt+f2 ..... gnome-shell --replace )

I added adblock plus and No scripts to the firefox too .... these may still need you to set them up
    for your trusted sites.
    Last edited by 23dornot23d; May 19th, 2011 at 03:43 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by 23dornot23d View Post
    Cheers Charles ,

Its been downloaded 6 times now so things may pick up a little .....

Here its mainly countryside .... just got back ..... fields fields and more fields.
    Except for one brilliant picturesque canal 300 kms long the Nantes to Brest canal
    I have biked about 40 km of it in the past .... that is on separate occasions going out 20 km from where I live ( no bikini's around here .... ) ok hope you get the file ok and it
    works a lot better this time ....... if not then we can start discussing why not .....
    and move forward with the problems hopefully ..... as there is one problem that stops me using the panel fully at the moment ....... in a panel js file ......once thats sorted I can add all of the newer panel features to it ......

Be careful how big the code becomes seems to be quite a drain on the system at load up time ......

I did something else too ..... to reduce the size a little a few packages have gone but can be installed from the software center or synaptic ......

Mono and Tomboy Banshee ...... are not on at the moment ..... while testing .....
    ( will keep the Distro to about 1.5 Gig ..... and try not to go any higher now ....

These can always be added later as they are pretty well used and stable packages.

If anybody else thinks things can be removed to get this down to CD size tell me and I will try ....... the extra desktops and users were not as big a overhead as I expected
    as they are all very clean and KDE is just used with cairo-dock

But if you want the full thing ..... do these when you get it ......
    you always have to do update to rebuild the listings for it to work ....

sudo aptitude update
    sudo aptitude install kde-full

you can also do

sudo aptitude safe-upgrade

If you want to see if the other packages break the system
    and by running it from Dvd its a good way to find out before doing it to your main system.

As everything will be running in memory only ..... and disappear on shutdown.
    Really do hope people like the way this is set up and works now ....
    If not then its back to the drawing board ....
    I never got to France when I was living in Germany. I did get into cycling over there though, it was a great way to see the country.

Ok, will look forward to checking v03 out. Noticed that UGR has delayed an ISO release, glad we went ahead with ours. I hope that it got some people to try Gnome 3.0 that might have otherwise waited.

Page 61 of 177 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast