Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Humble indie bundle 6

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Humble indie bundle 6

Wow, been waiting for one of these since I missed ths bandwagon on the others!

Did they end up adding multiplayer support for Torchlight?
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Tanenbaum to Linus Torvalds
    I still maintain the point that designing a monolithic kernel in 1991 is a fundamental error. Be thankful you are not my student. You would not get a high grade for such a design
    Software Patents: Evil prevails when good men do nothing.

Beans
    Distro

Sweet set this time, bought! Torchlight is still buggy, almost unusable... random crashes when switching areas (stairs, portals etc.), missing heads. Rochard is a hidden gem for sure. The Unity engine performs beautifully, not one issue. Spaz can be addicting. Runs perfect, sweet outer space game. Shatter is cool, seems like an older game, but performs well and is a fun time killer. I have yet to try Dustforce. Great set.
    We have no Great War, no Great Depression. Our Great War is a Spiritual War. Our Great Depression is our lives. - Tyler Durden

Beans
    Distro

So how graphically demanding are these games? My laptop is pretty old... does it mater if I'm using Ubuntu 11.04 at the moment in order to play these? I bought them for my Steam account on my PC, but now that I know that they work on Linux I'm tempted to try them out here...
    <(OO<) (^OO^) (>OO)>
    Do the Kirby dance...

Beans

I noticed Shatter didn't have much for in game settings. I did a bit of searching and discovered the following:

There is a file in /opt/Shatter/ called SettingsEditor.bin.x86
    run this file and it will give a nice GUI settings editor. I don't understand why this isn't part of the Application when you run it from the Games menu but it allowed me to change some settings and enable my xbox controller in game.

Has anyone found a way to configure Dustforce's resolution? It is stuck in a small box (maybe 720p?) in the middle of the screen while fullscreen with black borders.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Eirreann View Post
    So how graphically demanding are these games? My laptop is pretty old... does it mater if I'm using Ubuntu 11.04 at the moment in order to play these? I bought them for my Steam account on my PC, but now that I know that they work on Linux I'm tempted to try them out here...
    What are the specs? Some of the developers brag that they can play some of these on their Netbooks, which aren't very powerful.
    We have no Great War, no Great Depression. Our Great War is a Spiritual War. Our Great Depression is our lives. - Tyler Durden

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by CrusaderAD View Post
    Sweet set this time, bought! Torchlight is still buggy, almost unusable... random crashes when switching areas (stairs, portals etc.), missing heads. Rochard is a hidden gem for sure. The Unity engine performs beautifully, not one issue. Spaz can be addicting. Runs perfect, sweet outer space game. Shatter is cool, seems like an older game, but performs well and is a fun time killer. I have yet to try Dustforce. Great set.
    I had a great time playing Torchlight until it started crashing every time I tried to use the waypoint or go down a certain set of stairs. And I'd just gotten an awesome gun too. Really hope it gets fixed but I can't say I'm super optimistic since they're probably more concerned with Torchlight 2 than a few Linux users playing their old game.
    SPAZ is fun, I just have to suppress the urge to play it safe or it gets a little boring.
    Haven't tried the others yet, but Rochard gameplay looks nearly identical to Trine, which was a lot of fun.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by dogtato View Post
    I had a great time playing Torchlight until it started crashing every time I tried to use the waypoint or go down a certain set of stairs. And I'd just gotten an awesome gun too. Really hope it gets fixed but I can't say I'm super optimistic since they're probably more concerned with Torchlight 2 than a few Linux users playing their old game.
    SPAZ is fun, I just have to suppress the urge to play it safe or it gets a little boring.
    Haven't tried the others yet, but Rochard gameplay looks nearly identical to Trine, which was a lot of fun.
    Don't be too let down, they did release an important update the very day it was released, which shows they're watching and trying.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by dogtato View Post
    I had a great time playing Torchlight until it started crashing every time I tried to use the waypoint or go down a certain set of stairs.
    I've just run into that problem... it crashes when leaving level 3 to go down to level 4. I've seen lots of users reporting it. It makes the game unplayable, so I presume they will fix it ASAP.

Beans

Yeah, I'm having crashes when switching through portals ans stairs. And I can't play with fullscreen in Ubuntu, I'm playing in chakra linux.

Too bad, the game seems very good.

Beans

Definitely picking this up soon! S.P.A.Z. looks really good, and I've wanted Vessel for a while.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast