Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Using Google Calendar, Thunderbird and Lighting to full effect

Beans

Re: Using Google Calendar, Thunderbird and Lighting to full effect

@[utkjamie] ... i use RTM, too and it works fine with google calendar. but how does this work with thunderbird? rtm opens a new calender ("other calendars") at google and i just treid to sync this with the XML, just then i just see the header as shown at google calenders (ToDos for xx day). At google i click on this header and get a fancy RTM popup with the task. Bot how to get this to thnderbird? any idea?

@[venik212] ... use this repository (source and bin):
    http://ubuntu.iuculano.ite

worx fine

@[StooJ] ... i am also searching for a way to sync thunderbird with my palm. until now i only got to manage kOrganizer to sync with kpilot (on Kubuntu!!) i would apreciate an solution for that!!

dierde

Beans

I find that when I enter an event into the calendar from TB, it does not appear in the Gmail calendar, which defeats the whole purpose. I have installed Lighnint and Provider into TB under XP (it only works with version 2 and up of TB, and Ubuntu is still stuck in version 1.5).
    ANy idea why the gmail calendar is not being updeated?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by venik212 View Post
    I find that when I enter an event into the calendar from TB, it does not appear in the Gmail calendar, which defeats the whole purpose. I have installed Lighnint and Provider into TB under XP (it only works with version 2 and up of TB, and Ubuntu is still stuck in version 1.5).
    ANy idea why the gmail calendar is not being updeated?
    I have version 2 of TB installed on my Ubuntu Ultimate distro.. and I use the calendar w/ lightning. Works very nicely. Do a search, as I dont remember which repository I got it from.

Beans

The problem, I fear, is deeper-- it does not work from WINDOWS XP either, and there I am running TB 2.
    So somehow, what works nicely for others seems to fail for me...;-(

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

Your article is terrific. Thank you.

After installing the suggested components and going through the setup procedure, I opened my home calendar in TB and went to edit an entry and save it on the new My Google calendar, but the entry just disappears. I got it back with an undo, but can I transfer my current entries to the new calendar like this or is there another trick I should try?

I, too would like to see a Contacts sync solution in between TB and Google. Then Bye Bye Outlook and Windows.

Thanks again,
    Howard

Beans

No one can pretend that Linux (Kubuntu) is ready for prime time if in order to make a simple thing like that work (a calendar) you have to know that you MUST install the extensions through Adpet (or Synaptic), because they do NOT work in Gutsy if you use TB2 to install them. This constant need to walk between the drops of the incompatibility rain is frustrating, and is enough to discourage the hordes or MS haters out there.

Beans

Why am I not able to download Provider...it says it is not compatible with Firefox?
    Running Feisty Fawn on a computer I built myself!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by venik212 View Post
    No one can pretend that Linux (Kubuntu) is ready for prime time if in order to make a simple thing like that work (a calendar) you have to know that you MUST install the extensions through Adpet (or Synaptic), because they do NOT work in Gutsy if you use TB2 to install them. This constant need to walk between the drops of the incompatibility rain is frustrating, and is enough to discourage the hordes or MS haters out there.
    Well, they work perfectly in MY version of Gutsy (Ultimate Edition 1.4- which was FF and 1.6 which is GG.) I've not had a single problem with TB or the cal or the extensions...
    Thats not to say I havent had OTHER issues, lol..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

Why am I not able to download Provider...it says it is not compatible with Firefox?
    By default the download will try to install itself in Firefox, but this extension is for thunderbird so the process is a bit different. From the site:

How to Install in Thunderbird

1. Right-click the link below and choose "Save Link As..." to download and save the file to your hard disk.
    2. In Mozilla Thunderbird, open Add-ons from the Tools menu.
    3. Click the Install button, and locate/select the file you downloaded and click "OK".

Beans

Thanks, Mike. I did just that and it worked great. Now if I could only enter events in TB...everything else is perfect!
    Running Feisty Fawn on a computer I built myself!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast