Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sys76 thoughts on Lucid Lynx Alpha 3

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Re: Sys76 thoughts on Lucid Lynx Alpha 3

My starling is running the beta1 great , just the top panel is a little messed up Can't wait to see this get released

EDIT: Gnome panel fixed its self so never mind on that
    Last edited by Vrekk; March 21st, 2010 at 05:48 AM.
    Registered Linux user #489078 Ubuntu user #27106
    "Every man dies. Not every man really lives." William Wallace
    Blog! www.vrekk.us

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Quote Originally Posted by Vrekk View Post
    My starling is running the beta1 great , just the top panel is a little messed up Can't wait to see this get released

EDIT: Gnome panel fixed its self so never mind on that
    I installed Beta 1 in VBox this weekend, and it installed great! I only had one or two crashes while trying to setup the VBox video card, which I never could get any higher then 800x600. From reading more into this, the VirtualBox tools that get installed use the HAL, which isn't used with Ubuntu 10.04, so I'm not sure there is a work around :-/

But from what I've seen I like the theme and new apps. I can't wait for the Music store to be available. It just says Coming Soon in RhythmBox.

For anyone interested here are some screenshots I posted on our LUG forum:
    http://bbs.hotlug.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1021

Take care --

Sam
    System76 Pangolin Performance 5 - Xubuntu 18.04 LTS
    System76 Darter Pro - Pop_OS 18.04 LTS

Beans

I upgraded my Darter to Lucid Beta 1 without incident -- except that I had to remove openoffice.org-filter-binfilter due to a circular dependency issue. Compiz, which never worked before on this machine, now works, and the hard drive, which used to sound like a rat eating Grape Nuts, is now pleasingly silent. Suspend never worked on this machine and still doesn't. My volume control disappeared and I can't find a way to get it back -- but otherwise, the water is fine, come on in.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Quote Originally Posted by smulloni View Post
    I upgraded my Darter to Lucid Beta 1 without incident -- except that I had to remove openoffice.org-filter-binfilter due to a circular dependency issue. Compiz, which never worked before on this machine, now works, and the hard drive, which used to sound like a rat eating Grape Nuts, is now pleasingly silent. Suspend never worked on this machine and still doesn't. My volume control disappeared and I can't find a way to get it back -- but otherwise, the water is fine, come on in.
    Did you try running the system76 driver again? That fixed almost all of my problems when I upgraded my netbook (well not wireless but that's a known issue)
    Registered Linux user #489078 Ubuntu user #27106
    "Every man dies. Not every man really lives." William Wallace
    Blog! www.vrekk.us

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by samalex View Post
    But from what I've seen I like the theme and new apps. I can't wait for the Music store to be available. It just says Coming Soon in RhythmBox.
    It's in public beta now and works well for me
    Sam
    Computer: System76 Pangolin Performance

Beans

I have not tried 10.04 on my wifes pangolin.

I am testing it on my desktop.

Most of you are probably running 9.10 and I can tell you that, as a surviver of 9.10-testing, 10.04-testing is boring by comparison. This bugger is more stable than 9.10 at RC.

It will be on the wifes S76 box. It is just nicer than 9.10.

The buttons on the left side, by the way are easy to fix in gconf-editor>apps>metacity>general>button layout. If you want the same order and placement that you are used to you want to edit that to read :minimize,maximize,close

Gconf-editor can be added to your menu under whatever name you want and under command put
    gconf-editor

That command will also, of coarse, pull it up in terminal for you.

They even seem to be getting plymouth under control.

The thing does boot fast but the 10 second or less target is for something running the atom processor and using a SDD. For most folks on more standard hardware the speed seems to vary from the high teens to about 40 seconds when everything is working right (it is a beta1).
    Dell 480 XPS 3G ram Quad Core 2.40GHz, Radeon HD 2400 PRO, Audigy1, 3x320G HDD, 320G External, Debian Testing for use, Debian Squeeze for secure use, Debian Sid for FUN

Beans

Now, as to what I popped over here from the 10.04 forum for, how in flinderation is the testing on the S76 driver for 10.04 going and do you need another pangolin running it?
    Dell 480 XPS 3G ram Quad Core 2.40GHz, Radeon HD 2400 PRO, Audigy1, 3x320G HDD, 320G External, Debian Testing for use, Debian Squeeze for secure use, Debian Sid for FUN

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

It's going pretty well. Still a lot of work to do, though. A System76 Driver that supports 10.04 won't be released, though, until after the official release of Lucid.
    To err is human, to forgive is very ... dog-like.

Thomas Aaron
    FetchMasters, LLC

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by thomasaaron View Post
    It's going pretty well. Still a lot of work to do, though. A System76 Driver that supports 10.04 won't be released, though, until after the official release of Lucid.
    All right.

If you need testing help just holler over on the testing forum. There are several Sys76 boxes on it now.

I would put it on the wifes but I am trying to be good and leave it alone.

She loves the thing by the way.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by ranch hand View Post
    Gconf-editor can be added to your menu under whatever name you want and under command put
    gconf-editor
    The easiest way would be to open System->Preferences->Main Menu then click on "System Tools". Check mark "Configuration Editor"

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast