Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Conky Support Scripts: Show us your "Scripts" & Screenshots of what they do.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Conky Support Scripts: Show us your "Scripts" & Screenshots of what they do.

Hello all conky fans

I have been cleaning up my desktop and finally got rid of the volume and wireless indicator
    icons in the top right of my panel.

So, I've been updating my conky to include all that info...

So far it's been easy, but I'm stuck on using ${mixer} and ${mixerbar}
    I've been reading a lot this morning and don't know what I'm missing.

I just want the default master mixer volume # and a simple bar.
    I get a '0' and a empty bar that doens't repsond to changes in volumes, although
    the sound gui does show a change when I press the short cut keys.

thank you,
    wbg
    Last edited by wannabegeek; April 1st, 2010 at 02:43 AM.
    Lenovo ThinkPad T400 Core 2 Duo 4GB Ram Mint 13 XFCE
    500 GB spinning iron and 64 GB Crucial SSD in DVD bay.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Conky Support Scripts: Show us your "Scripts" & Screenshots of what they do.

Quote Originally Posted by vickoxy View Post
    Well, i have some issues-if i add these lines after ${execpi 600
    everything in my conky is dead/invisible after cal line. Other then that-there are only Mo and TU colored, but not the other days (neither current day) ?
    Run this in the terminal and paste the output:
    Code:
    cal -m | sed '1d' | sed '/^ *$/d' | sed -r '0,/./s/^(.{0})(.{5})/\1${color red}\2${color}/' | sed 's/\<'"$(date +%-d)"'\>/${color white}&${color}/'

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Code:
    mini@mini:~$ cal -m | sed '1d' | sed '/^ *$/d' | sed -r '0,/./s/^(.{0})(.{5})/\1${color red}\2${color}/' | sed 's/\<'"$(date +%-d)"'\>/${color white}&${color}/'
    ${color red}Mo Di${color} Mi Do Fr Sa So
     1  2  3  4  5  6  7
     8  9 10 11 12 13 14
    15 16 17 18 19 20 21
    22 23 24 25 26 27 ${color white}28${color}
    29 30 31
    MacBook Pro7,1, Ubuntu 11.04 64bit

Beans
    Hidden!

See if this is closer to what you're looking for:
    Code:
    cal -m | sed '1d' | sed '/^ *$/d' | sed -r '1,8s/^(.{15})(.{5})/\1${color red}\2${color}/' | sed 's/\<'"$(date +%-d)"'\>/${color white}&${color}/'

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Submitted to Sec as its more for people with that type of interest.

However incase people find the use of color (colour!) helpful

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1441718

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by mobilediesel View Post
    See if this is closer to what you're looking for:
    Code:
    cal -m | sed '1d' | sed '/^ *$/d' | sed -r '1,8s/^(.{15})(.{5})/\1${color red}\2${color}/' | sed 's/\<'"$(date +%-d)"'\>/${color white}&${color}/'

Actually this is what i have. Only need to change days names colors (not the dates...) And after calendar my other stuff in conky are dead-have nothing after calendar...

Could you post what do i have to add in conky (${execpi 600... and till the end)?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Hidden!

Actually this is what i have. Only need to change days names colors (not the dates...) And after calendar my other stuff in conky are dead-have nothing after calendar...

Could you post what do i have to add in conky (${execpi 600... and till the end)?
    To color just the day names:
    Code:
    ${execpi 3600 cal -m | sed '1d' | sed '/^ *$/d' | sed -r '0,/./s/^(.{15})(.{5})/\1${color red}\2${color}/' | sed 's/\<'"$(date +%-d)"'\>/${color white}&${color}/'}
    I'm not sure why conky would not display anything after the calendar, though.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

To color just the day names:
    Code:
    ${execpi 3600 cal -m | sed '1d' | sed '/^ *$/d' | sed -r '0,/./s/^(.{15})(.{5})/\1${color red}\2${color}/' | sed 's/\<'"$(date +%-d)"'\>/${color white}&${color}/'}
    I'm not sure why conky would not display anything after the calendar, though.
    Now it is better-it does not crush conky. Still, can i have all names colored, not only weekend?
    And second: how to align it to center (see pict)?

Thanks

Beans
    Hidden!

Now it is better-it does not crush conky. Still, can i have all names colored, not only weekend?
    And second: how to align it to center (see pict)?

Thanks
    Code:
    ${execpi 3600 cal -m | sed '1d' | sed '/^ *$/d' | sed -r '0,/./s/^(.{0})(.{20})/\1${color red}\2${color}/' | sed 's/\<'"$(date +%-d)"'\>/${color white}&${color}/'|sed 's/^/${alignc}/'}
    If that doesn't properly center the calendar, change the alignc to goto 100 and adjust the number from there.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Code:
    ${execpi 3600 cal -m | sed '1d' | sed '/^ *$/d' | sed -r '0,/./s/^(.{0})(.{20})/\1${color red}\2${color}/' | sed 's/\<'"$(date +%-d)"'\>/${color white}&${color}/'|sed 's/^/${alignc}/'}
    If that doesn't properly center the calendar, change the alignc to goto 100 and adjust the number from there.
    Thanks a lot. That did it.

Code:
    ${voffset -72}${font andale mono:size=7}${color ffffff}${execpi 3600 cal -m | sed '1d' | sed '/^ *$/d' | sed -r '0,/./s/^(.{0})(.{20})/\1${color BFEEFC}\2${color}/' | sed 's/\<'"$(date +%-d)"'\>/${color 4CD5FF}&${color}/'|sed 's/^/${alignc -30}/'}
    Just don´t understand those lines and where to put colors and other stuff. Once again, thanks a lot.

Page 24 of 32 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast