Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Youtube Player Issue

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Youtube Player Issue

I have done hours of googling on this issue to no avail. I went from chromium to chrome because of the issue and it cleared up for weeks and now with the latest update from chrome its appeared again.

The issue is I'm having multi-colored specs show up in videos (as seen in the image below). I have disabled all plugins, turned off hardware acceleration in flash and rebooted to no result.

Does anyone know what's causing this and maybe a solution? It's enough to drive me nuts because of course it doesn't happen on ads, only video and only on youtube.

Many thanks in advance for anyone who knows.

Ubuntu 12.04 LTS by the way
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans

Re: Youtube Player Issue

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I think its video hardware related. You may be able to tweak it out. What's your video hardware specs?

Beans
    Distro

Intel on-board integrated video graphics card, Intel GM965 express Crestline to be exact.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by wesy2kn1 View Post
    Intel on-board integrated video graphics card, Intel GM965 express Crestline to be exact.
    Intel cards aren't that great.

Or maybe chrome's integrated flash dosen't work right.

try firefox with Flash-Aid. thats the best flash for me

or if you don't want a new browser, try youtube HTML5 at: https://www.youtube.com/html5

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Gster4 View Post
    Intel cards aren't that great.

Or maybe chrome's integrated flash dosen't work right.

try firefox with Flash-Aid. thats the best flash for me

or if you don't want a new browser, try youtube HTML5 at: https://www.youtube.com/html5
    beginning to believe its some sort of quicktime codec issue. I'm getting the same thing with HTML5 video on youtube and now on twit.tv when I put their player in HTML5.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Very well could be cause of your graphics card and drivers...Intel under Ubuntu aren't very well supported as previously related...A few tips:

1) Check your video card drivers and update to any newer version if available (beta included)

2) Install Flash-aid within Firefox and run the wizard. It will reconfigure your flash settings within Firefox.

3) Continue using Chromium. It is able to use the latest available version flash which firefox is not.

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Having same issue with on 2 pcs and laptop. The one of the pc's has a AMD/ATI and the other one has nVida. Laptop is running Intel on board and same thing.

This is across FireFox, Chrome, Chromium and Opera. Have have tried totally removing Restricted extras on all machines and re installing. Still no luck. I have not looked at driver issues as it is happening across all of the machines.

Ihave tried to use HTML 5 version of YouTube and to be honest it looks worse and the sound is jumpy if any at all.

I have been googleing and not come to any sucess yet. I am not totally bothers about the laptop and one desktop as they are just work horses.

Has anyone had any luck fixing this?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by d4m1r View Post
    Very well could be cause of your graphics card and drivers...Intel under Ubuntu aren't very well supported as previously related...A few tips:

1) Check your video card drivers and update to any newer version if available (beta included)

2) Install Flash-aid within Firefox and run the wizard. It will reconfigure your flash settings within Firefox.

3) Continue using Chromium. It is able to use the latest available version flash which firefox is not.
    Drivers are the current version, don't use firefox personally. What I don't understand is:

a) why when I moved from chromium to chrome for this reason and it was working fine the latest version started all of this again and b)why it would be a video issue when its only one site in a particular browser.

I'm not saying you're wrong at all. Just curious more than anything.

Beans
    Distro

See here's a screenshot of youtube in firefox without the plugin.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast