Thread: Automated MP4 encodeing using ffmpeg and x624 with hardsubing and chapters insertion.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Question Automated MP4 encodeing using ffmpeg and x624 with hardsubing and chapters insertion.

See here for how I started : http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2112462

Using the recommendations there i now have this script:
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    vidfile='<show name and number>'
    mkvextract chapters -s $vidfile.mkv > $vidfile.txt
    ffmpeg -i $vidfile.mkv -map 0:s:0 <show name and number>.ass
    ffmpeg -i $vidfile.mkv -vf "ass=<show name and number>.ass" -c:v libx264 -profile:v high -level 4.1 -crf 18 -preset veryslow -tune animation -deblock -2:-2 -x264opts qpmin=10:qpmax=28:aq-mode=2:no-mbtree:threads=auto -c:a copy $vidfile.mp4 2>&1 | tee $vidfile-enc.log
    Here is my problem now. I get mkv anime shows from different sub groups and I'm wanting to make the above script more generic so i can put in a centralized bin folder for running.
    Example of file name ( some file names have '_' instead of ' ' in the file name):
    [<fansub group name>] <show name> - <eposide number> [<bit depth>][<resolution>][<crc number>].mkv

or

[<sub group>]_<show name>_-_<epnumber>_[<v pix>x<h pix>][<crc>].mkv
    Example file contents(generated using mkvmerge --identify on one of the files I currently have):
    Code:
    File '[<sub group>]_<show name>_-_<epnumber>_[<v pix>x<h pix>][<crc>].mkv': container: Matroska
    Track ID 1: video (V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC)
    Track ID 2: audio (A_AAC)
    Track ID 3: subtitles (S_TEXT/ASS)
    Attachment ID 1: type 'application/x-truetype-font', size 75156 bytes, file name 'Caxton_Book_BT.ttf'
    Attachment ID 2: type 'application/octet-stream', size 5872144 bytes, file name 'DFKKS9.TTC'
    Attachment ID 3: type 'application/octet-stream', size 5754084 bytes, file name 'KaiC_0.ttc'
    Attachment ID 4: type 'application/x-truetype-font', size 98272 bytes, file name 'TektonPro-Bold.otf'
    Attachment ID 5: type 'application/x-truetype-font', size 97260 bytes, file name 'TektonPro-BoldCond.otf'
    Attachment ID 6: type 'application/x-truetype-font', size 99808 bytes, file name 'TektonPro-BoldExt.otf'
    Attachment ID 7: type 'application/x-truetype-font', size 111532 bytes, file name 'TektonPro-BoldObl.otf'
    Attachment ID 8: type 'application/x-truetype-font', size 65492 bytes, file name 'UVNThangVu.TTF'
    Attachment ID 9: type 'application/x-truetype-font', size 104372 bytes, file name 'VINERITC.TTF'
    Attachment ID 10: type 'application/x-truetype-font', size 30980 bytes, file name 'ABYSSTSFONT.TTF'
    Attachment ID 11: type 'application/x-truetype-font', size 70180 bytes, file name 'cwelegnc.ttf'
    Chapters: 5 entries
    Currently I'm using mkvextract to rip the subs to a new file but it is not pulling the fonts out plus i have to manually create the sub file name and insert it in the above script in the needed places.

I need the script to process the shows name so that it will pull the subs to a file that is named for the show minus the group name, bit depth, resolution, and crc number( for use in the encode process).
    Then pull all the fonts contained in the file and put them in $HOME/.fonts with their name and type intact so that they are usable by the system.
    Do the encode and incert chapters into the mp4.

Resultant file name : [<fansub group name>]_<show name>_-_<eposide number>_[<h pix>p].mp4

All Help is greatly welcomed.
    Last edited by Wolfpup; February 7th, 2013 at 05:39 PM. Reason: chande to simpler file structure information

Beans

Re: Automated MP4 encodeing using ffmpeg and x624 with hardsubing and chapters insert

So you need to run:
    mkvextract --identify
    and get all the id's from it somehow (we see that later)

Next:
    mkvextract attachments <file> <id>:Output (output may be black so it uses the filename inside the mkv)
    So try:
    mkvextract attachments <file> 1:
    and
    mkvextract attachments <file> 1
    Edit: so it is the second one

Could you attach the file geven by
    mkvextract --identify > identify.txt

And also add a file list exaple of your mkv files: (just cut out a few if you don't want to)
    ls > ls.txt
    Last edited by labsin; February 7th, 2013 at 04:52 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Automated MP4 encodeing using ffmpeg and x624 with hardsubing and chapters insert

Quote Originally Posted by labsin View Post
    So you need to run:
    mkvextract --identify
    and get all the id's from it somehow (we see that later)

Next:
    mkvextract attachments <file> <id>:Output (output may be black so it uses the filename inside the mkv)
    So try:
    mkvextract attachments <file> 1:
    and
    mkvextract attachments <file> 1

Could you attach the file geven by
    mkvextract --identify > identify.txt

And also add a file list exaple of your mkv files: (just cut out a few if you don't want to)
    ls > ls.txt
    Attached is three ls.text files.
    ls.txt -> list of one series
    ls2.txt -> list of different shows
    ls3.txt -> list of different series
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

I'm new to this field, but I found the following:
    On YouTube ==> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-L_E6oS1PY[/B]
    Text to the code mentioned in above url, see
    http://ohheyitslou.blogspot.com/

Beans

Ok, I have a test. Open it and fill in the file variable and then run it from that folder using sh test1.sh

Edit: added one that should be close.
    If you have problems, or don't have a clue what happens. Please feel free to ask.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by labsin; February 7th, 2013 at 08:02 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Now I have the following script and it is semi-functional for what I want it to do.
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash
    echo "Time Start: "$(date +%m%d%Y%I%M%S%p)
    shopt -s nullglob
    for f in *.mkv
    do
      echo "Trying file $f"
      info=$(mkvmerge --identify "$f")
      echo "mkvmerge --identify: $info"
      fonts=$( echo "$info" | sed -n 's/^[^0-9]*\([0-9]*\): type .application\/x-truetype-font.*$/\1/p')
      for font in $fonts
      do
        echo 'Extract attachment $font from $f'
        mkvextract attachments "$f" $font
      done
      mkdir -p $HOME/.fonts/
      shopt -s nullglob
      mv -f *.?t? $HOME/.fonts
      mv -f *.?T? $HOME/.fonts
    done
    sudo fc-cache -fv
    for f in *.mkv
    do
      newName=$( echo "$f" | sed "s/^\[[^]]*\][_ ]\([^[]*\)[ _].*$/\1/")
      echo "Going to encode $f into $newName.mp4"
      mkvextract chapters -s "$f" > $newName.txt
      ffmpeg -i "$f" -map 0:s:0 $newName.ass
      echo "Time Encode Start: "$(date +%m%d%Y%I%M%S%p)
      ffmpeg -i "$f" -vf "ass=$newName.ass" -c:v libx264 -profile:v high -level 4.1 -crf 18 -preset veryslow -tune animation -x264opts qpmin=10:qpmax=28:aq-mode=2:no-mbtree:threads=auto -c:a copy $newName.mp4
      MP4Box -add $newName.mp4#video -add $newName.mp4#audio -chap $newName.txt $newName-chaps.mp4
      echo "Time Encode Done : "$(date +%m%d%Y%I%M%S%p)
    done
    echo "Time Done: "$(date +%m%d%Y%I%M%S%p)
    I still have to manually rename the final mp4 to the format I want because if I try to name the file in the way I want I get bash errors.

I also have to manually delete the intermediate encode files because when i try to use rm to delet the files via the script i get '".*" diectory not found when i have the command rm $newfilename.* in the script right after the MP4Box command.